Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Cambridge Parkrun

62 watchers
11 Oct
12:19am, 11 Oct 2021
57 posts
  •  
Craigellachie
It seems straightforward reading the media article: the park wants parkrun HQ to change its global policy to suit its needs. The character of parkrun would change fundamentally if it had to be booked in advance, which is the only way to formally limit capacity. The park is of course perfectly within its rights to say that it cannot accommodate an event that size. But the alternative is not to have the event at all. It’s like charging an admission fee: you can allow parkrun in your land, or you can not allow it, but you can’t charge a fee. Charging a fee is another way of saying you can’t have your event here, because everyone knows parkruns are free, it’s part of what makes it a parkrun. If you want an event with prebooking, capacity limits and admission fees then there’s nothing wrong with that but don’t ask parkrun to organise it because that’s not what they are there for. Plenty more organisations out there will provide that service if that’s what you want.
11 Oct
9:13pm, 11 Oct 2021
7150 posts
  •  
FenlandRunner
How much trade have they lost at the cafe since the loss of parkrun? It was always packed for a good hour or so after the event.
11 Oct
9:30pm, 11 Oct 2021
59013 posts
  •  
GlennR
The people who run the park don’t run the cafe.
22 Oct
2:21pm, 22 Oct 2021
2550 posts
  •  
Drell
Not really parkrun related, in fact not at all parkrun related...

I've got 2 tickets for a concert by the Academy of Ancient Music at West Road on Wednesday 27 October. If you'd like them, drop me an fmail. The concert description is here: aam.co.uk

Not everyone's cup of tea, but if it is your cup of tea you'll like it...
22 Oct
2:22pm, 22 Oct 2021
28392 posts
  •  
HellsBells
I would have loved it but we’re going to Harrogate to visit siL then
22 Oct
8:53pm, 22 Oct 2021
36015 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
Thanks Drell I’m more of a coffee man 😉
22 Oct
11:35pm, 22 Oct 2021
20082 posts
  •  
flanker
Sounds's like the perfect excuse for not going HB ;-)

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by BlueWombat
Latest news:

5k of fun! :-) ...

Register here:
parkrun.org.uk

See facebook page:
facebook.com