Calorie tracking and GPS watches

4 watchers
Jul 2016
5:03pm, 27 Jul 2016
5,709 posts
  •  
paul the builder
Livestrong? I wouldn't have thought too many folk were having too much to do with that, given recent 7x jersey-removal events.

This is not particularly answering the original question, but it's a vaguely connected opportunity to get more use out of a lovely graph wot I made.

The "Running" calories (pink), and therefore the "Predicted Weight" calculation (dark blue) were based on my own rule-of-thumb c.90 calories per mile. Because I simply didn't believe the MFP calories associated with running, nor the Garmin numbers..... But, my weight declined faster than predicted, so perhaps I should have gone with the (apparently) generous numbers after all.
Jul 2016
6:12pm, 27 Jul 2016
25,821 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Top graphage there PTB! :-) G
Jul 2016
3:40pm, 28 Jul 2016
25,824 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
And I'm sure you're right about no one here wanting to use Livestrong but my missus didn't know Livestrong was Lance Armstrong, and wouldn't know who Lance Armstrong is (was?) anyway. It's got good, free videos on aerobic exercises you can do in the house.

Is MFP free? She's happy to still get the vids from Livestrong as long as she can log her food, horse riding and now her steps, dog walking and occasional running direct from a Fitbit or Garmin GPS.

Weight loss for me never came from increased mileage. I upped my mileage a lot in 2013 but still needed to diet like crazy to lose a stone in 8 weeks for VLM.

Fanks, :-) G
Jul 2016
3:42pm, 28 Jul 2016
9,322 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
Happy, she can also try FitnessBlender.com for free vids (most are on YouTube too).

fitnessblender.com

MFP is free - a few non-intrusive ads on Android (which are a bit more in your face on iPhone).
Jul 2016
3:47pm, 28 Jul 2016
25,827 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Cool Keefy, many thanks. Top tip. She uses website (she's even less app able than me! I'll have to install Garmin Connect app for her on her phone. But then she'll use it on laptop).

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
Hi there, purchase advise requested please.

My missus logs calories (manually) in Livestrong (I t...