Calling all rosacea runners....

5 watchers
May 2012
3:02pm, 29 May 2012
42,452 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
Lymecycline is good for the spots only, not the redness

topical treatment such as azelaic acid(finacea) or metronidazole gel can be quite effective once an acute flare has settled a bit
I got prescibed both
My rosacea was deemed to be moderate to severe

I find that the topical treatments dry out my skin horribly
Jun 2012
9:30am, 3 Jun 2012
10,670 posts
  •  
FRU (KeepTheFaith)
Well I've finally invested in some suncream for the face and enticed into some Vitamin C sun damage reducing serum after a trial of something from Aesop which helped calm my skin in the 5 day trial sachets I had. Aesop however is £77 a shot whereas the one I try is £27 - will let you all know how I get on

My skins not too bad this week - still blotchy but the last breakout is calmed down
Jun 2012
12:42pm, 3 Jun 2012
5,769 posts
  •  
Chicken Licken
FRU.... Liz Earle does a skin trail kit. I've used her products on and off. Since having my hysterectomy my skins very dry and angry.... Not rosacea, but may be worth a shot
Jun 2012
4:35pm, 4 Jun 2012
10,677 posts
  •  
FRU (KeepTheFaith)
Cool - I'll have a look over that - my new "wonder" serum should arrive next week - I'll see how that goes doubled with me new wash, moisterise, suncream routine! Have to give it a go and to be honest with the amount of daylight I get from running, specially the beach, I should have been using suncream along time ago
Sep 2012
4:58pm, 2 Sep 2012
10,741 posts
  •  
FRU (KeepTheFaith)
Just thought I'd pop back on for an update to you all

The MDk8 Anti Red oil is bloody magic, £27 a go but the last bottle lasted me around 2.5months - and my skin is much improved.

Add to this that I've been a good girl and using sun cream and things are seeming to be settling - interestingly though I had a major flare up during my lakes hol - I think that was because I got so wet all week and salty skin through sweating and running that I rubbed all off my magic creams! LOL.. but skins calming again at the mo with just some teeny breakouts

I still have a noticeable red side to my face though which is annoying
Sep 2012
5:07pm, 2 Sep 2012
55,270 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I used to have terrible rosacea as a teen ad in my early 20s and had laser treatment for it in my early 20s as a student. I still suffer, it is why I always have a red face... but I got used to it because it settled to being mild. All I get is the regular comments regarding my red face. I have grown immune to them...
Sep 2012
5:15pm, 2 Sep 2012
55,271 posts
  •  
Hanneke
PS... my nose was the worst and what I got the laser treatment for... my Dutch GP at the time was great... It has gotten a bit worse now that I am in the menopause though it seems :(
Sep 2012
5:17pm, 2 Sep 2012
9,566 posts
  •  
paul a
I thought the red face was due to the sherry H.
Sep 2012
5:19pm, 2 Sep 2012
55,272 posts
  •  
Hanneke
:p
Sep 2012
8:27pm, 2 Sep 2012
4,439 posts
  •  
jonp
Think I might have this on my forehead. Been coming out in red rash lumps since almost a year now and no signs of disappearing. They tend to be worse after a shower or wash, but can disappear for a day only to come back next day.

Is it likely to be it or something else? Can it just develop from nowhere?

About This Thread

Maintained by FRU (KeepTheFaith)
After a bought of fatigue earlier in the year another conditions reared up and I was just wondering ...