Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Calling All Fetches - Who's Running Braunstone Parkrun Sat 7th March?

3 watchers
Mar 2015
6:27pm, 1 Mar 2015
41 posts
Damian
I am running the Braunstone Parkrun this coming Saturday 7th March, and was wondering if there are any other Fetches (is that the right word? I'm new to Fetching :-) ***) who'll be there.

So far Fetch says I'll be the solitary Fetcher (is that the right word? I'm new to Fetching :-) ***) and I'd love to meet some other Fetchees ((is that the right word? I'm new to Fetching :-) ***)

The only two Fetchees I've met are Corona and Excitabubble who introduced me to Fetching (see ***) and I am:

1 - wondering whether you lot actually exist in real life? :-) and

2 - am looking to add some more stickers to my sticker book, other than mine Corona's and Excitabubble's :-)

So if you are:

A - running Braunstone Parkrun this Saturday, or
B - know someone who may be...

Let us know where and we could all have a Fetchup (see ***) or Fetchmeet (see ***) beforehand and exchange stickers...

So who's going? :-)
Mar 2015
6:32pm, 1 Mar 2015
14806 posts
McGoohan
Or... if you want to meet a few Fetchies, get down to Tower Bridge at 10:30 on Saturday for the Thames Bridges Challenge :-)
Mar 2015
7:26pm, 1 Mar 2015
6108 posts
becca7
I'm not there that week - I'm with the cool kids running the bridges. I was at Braunstone this weekend and the one before. I'm probably not there again now until April.
Mar 2015
7:44pm, 1 Mar 2015
43 posts
Damian
Sorry I missed you becca on Saturday... I was one of the last ones across the start line... as I'd just done a 6.5 km warm up and sort of only just made it for the start... :-)
Thinking about it, I don't think I've ever seen anyone, in my entire running career, wearing a Fetch T Shirt... do people still wear these? :-)
Mar 2015
8:51pm, 1 Mar 2015
10069 posts
LazyDaisy
There will be at least one tasteful, low-key 10th Fetch anniversary top on display on the Thames Bridges :-)
Mar 2015
10:24pm, 1 Mar 2015
6109 posts
becca7
Ah, I was in my club hoody as we were doing a volunteering takeover. Plus a high viz marshall bib. I do wear my Fetch shirt at races if there are likely to be others there. If I see a Fetch top at parkrun I will say hello.
Mar 2015
11:37pm, 1 Mar 2015
921 posts
Lady Sol
Uum possibly, it is only 25 mins from me. However I need to get the car serviced ASAP, so I might need Saturday morning for that.
Mar 2015
10:16pm, 6 Mar 2015
937 posts
Lady Sol
Should be there, not sure how you'll recognise me though. I'll be wearing a white Lance hat and I'll have long hair in a plait.
Mar 2015
10:35pm, 6 Mar 2015
83 posts
Damian
I'll keep an eye out for you... I'll be wearing a bright yellow wind and water proof top with bright yellow woollen hat (my chicken - it's sooooo cold outfit :-) )
Mar 2015
9:52pm, 7 Mar 2015
106 posts
Damian
Lady Sol it was good to meet you today... and thanks for wearing a Fetchshirt as it made spotting you a lot easier. :-)

Keep enjoying the Parkrunning, and I may see you on a Parkrun somewhere soon :-)

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Damian
I am running the Braunstone Parkrun this coming Saturday 7th March, and was wondering if there are a...