Calf raises everyday - be more crammy

10 watchers
14 Jan
7:17pm, 14 Jan 2022
19073 posts
  •  
Ness
500 is a huge number! I currently only do calf raises once a week. Three sets of thirty. Weighted ones after seeing this video...

https://youtu.be/_iYwv4QVFjM

I use 10 kilo dumbbells. Maybe I should try to fit them into my weight training schedule more often.
14 Jan
7:32pm, 14 Jan 2022
30317 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Another book I bought but haven’t read yet!
Should do these too
14 Jan
7:34pm, 14 Jan 2022
17704 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I like calf raises. Used to do some every day as part of my morning yoga routine but currently doing YWA so not ATM.
15 Jan
11:45am, 15 Jan 2022
804 posts
  •  
Bowman 🇸🇪
Welshpoppy have you found that calf raises remedy sore Achilles’ tendons?
Mine are pretty much sore all the time for me, but rest nor harder training doesn’t change the feeling.

Anyone else that has any thought about this?
15 Jan
7:07pm, 15 Jan 2022
1774 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Oh yes I have a full rupture to Achilles I use weights and 50 per day it helps with flare up. I have a list of exercises from physio.
15 Jan
11:27pm, 15 Jan 2022
24220 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Shouldn't the title be: "Be more crampy"? ;-)

Actually, I've been using the calf raise machine in the gym. Properly, I hope - I see so much bad form! And I get a solid cord of I presume muscle down the outside of the calf - not sure this is a good thing. And I possibly have too much calf anyway.
16 Jan
9:22pm, 16 Jan 2022
40961 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Don't want to be pedantic but I think it's heel drops (the opposite movement to calf raises) for Achilles, isn't it?

I try to do 3 x 15 each leg 3 x per week, just partif general S n C. No idea if they actually help. :-) G

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by riggys99
Reading Paul Hobroughs book the runner’s expert guide to stretching in the section on calf raises he mentions a young Steve Cram would do 500 calf raises everyday

Been doing 3 sets of 15 each leg

Just like the press-up thread anyone else wanting to give it a go
So far

12 jan 90
13 jan 90