Calf muscles and little spasms?
5:48pm, 2 Jul 2011
RunningInCirclesI get them all the time. Well not really, but a week doesn't tend to go past without them appearing.
Generally it happens after a long run, but sometimes I get it after short runs too. It doesn't seem to effect me particularly. Does look very freaky if it is bad, like worms crawling under the skin
I'm not convinced on the electrolyte bit, as on a long run I'll drink just under 2l of fluid, generally SIS electrolyte mix. I think it's something I am just prone to...
6:38pm, 2 Jul 2011
Ian MAlso can be a sign of overworked muscles being used for pushing instead of landing (in running anyway).
About This ThreadMaintained by Bez-head
Are little spasms in the calf muscles - twitching - a sign of over training?
- Running HM with back pain
- Ive started getting cramp WTF is that all about?
- Blood Pressure Meds?
- Stour Valley Path 100k
- How do sprinters and middle distance runners train?
- Book Club unofficial book: The End of the World Running Club
- HR issues
- Any docs out there, mild chest infection, Half Sunday, feel fine, dont know what to do?
The Festive Fetch Calendar
Several thousand quid's worth of prizes, including GPS tech, trainers, kit, and massive vouchers. Enjoy sensibly! It's back! Take a peek