Calf Injury Paranoia and Hypochondria - advice needed please

2 watchers
Mar 2012
12:49pm, 20 Mar 2012
589 posts
  •  
Fizz :-)
I went for a run last Tuesday evening, and after the run my right calf starting hurting, at the bottom of the 'fat' bit. It didn't bother me much during the next day, so I set out for a run, but the pain was immediately quite sharp, so I stopped and went home.
I've been icing and taking ibuprofen since, and it seemed to be improving, but I went to the fizz yesterday and she diagnosed a mild calf strain, said I'd done the right thing by not running as I could have ended up tearing it badly, gave me a few light stretches to do and come back on Thursday.
All well and good, but it's getting worse today, not overly painful, but the calf is now tingling, and I'm getting some pins and needles in my foot, and I keep convincing myself my big toe is going numb.
Doing a quick google (always dangerous, I know!) and it matches compartment syndrome - is this likely? Or have I just been sitting badly today? Or could it be the out-of-date ibuprofen gel I used this morning?!
Mar 2012
1:03pm, 20 Mar 2012
1,453 posts
  •  
Kimbles67
If your unsure of what is happening, phone your fizz and ask for some advice. It might be because she was working on it yesterday. I have been getting treated for a calf strain and after her working on my leg it was sore the next day. The pain does ease but to be sure then phone and check about the pins and needles.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Fizz :-)
I went for a run last Tuesday evening, and after the run my right calf starting hurting, at the bott...