9:12am, 4 Jun 2015
EllemHELP advice please. I had a great (if cold) openwater swim last night - about 1,200m. When I was getting out of the water (scrambling onto the wooden jetty!) I got a very sore calf cramp, and my calf is still very sore today. I have one of my main o/w triathlon races on Sunday what can I do to help my sore calf...... massage? ice? All advice welcome please kind fetchies.
11:03pm, 4 Jun 2015
ogeeSorry, I know nothing about swimming but it may be worth looking at your diet, maybe a bit more salt to combat the cramp.
I'd massage it like mad in the interim & keep it warm, plenty of stretching & no ice.
5:50pm, 5 Jun 2015
DvorakBump. I had a fairly painful calf cramp last night, which I though was worn off OK, but was quite sore when I got up. I've been wearing compression socks today and it is much improved. Though I'm not sure if it is down to the sock, or just a few hours passing.
Hope yours is better today.
About This Thread
- Cramp - new solution, it's the nerve not the muscle Oct 2015
- Amount of salt to put in some water for a long run Jul 2020
- Calf cramp prevention - salt, skins or just htfu?! ;-) Jun 2014
- calf cramp Aug 2013
- Calf Cramps May 2012
- calf cramp in the night Apr 2012
- Cramps. Why do they happen and how to prevent them? Aug 2019
- Cramping and hydration, or heat 'injury' Aug 2017
- How to prevent leg cramps in a marathon May 2013
- Swelling after cramping and running Apr 2013
Buy a Fetch buff
Order now for immediate dispatch!
Join us in 2024 for a part-virtual, part-gathering endurance event to celebrate 20 years of Fetcheveryone!
See all your training overlaid on one interactive map. A great way to remember everywhere you've been
Race Listings League
Which Fetchies have done the most to make our race listings as awesome as they are?