Calf cramp

1 watcher
Jun 2015
9:12am, 4 Jun 2015
1,586 posts
  •  
Ellem
HELP advice please. I had a great (if cold) openwater swim last night - about 1,200m. When I was getting out of the water (scrambling onto the wooden jetty!) I got a very sore calf cramp, and my calf is still very sore today. I have one of my main o/w triathlon races on Sunday :-o what can I do to help my sore calf...... massage? ice? All advice welcome please kind fetchies.
Jun 2015
11:03pm, 4 Jun 2015
20,319 posts
  •  
ogee
Sorry, I know nothing about swimming but it may be worth looking at your diet, maybe a bit more salt to combat the cramp.

I'd massage it like mad in the interim & keep it warm, plenty of stretching & no ice.
Jun 2015
5:50pm, 5 Jun 2015
10,297 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Bump. I had a fairly painful calf cramp last night, which I though was worn off OK, but was quite sore when I got up. I've been wearing compression socks today and it is much improved. Though I'm not sure if it is down to the sock, or just a few hours passing.

Hope yours is better today.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Ellem
HELP advice please. I had a great (if cold) openwater swim last night - about 1,200m. When I was get...