C Block - there's no place like it.

97 watchers
Jul 2021
11:01am, 26 Jul 2021
49,923 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Action Learning Set sounds like something you would buy for a toddler in the Early Learning Centre
Jul 2021
12:00pm, 26 Jul 2021
57,954 posts
  •  
GlennR
Exactly that, except for "toddler" read "Wolverhampton University business studies student".
Jul 2021
12:12pm, 26 Jul 2021
22,968 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I'm picturing it as a Vic'nBob performance art piece, with the participants throwing shapes and shouting Action! Learning! Set!

(Which would be more fun than the actual thing - perhaps you could try that, Greg?)
Jul 2021
12:28pm, 26 Jul 2021
49,924 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Hot Wheels Figure Eight Starter Set! Yeah!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2j5xsk7kcU
Jul 2021
10:35pm, 26 Jul 2021
14,065 posts
  •  
Badger
We did action learning sets for a bit (we being the core facility heads where I work). It was more productive than you might think. Ran into the ground eventually as a formal practice, but the habit of swopping advice & meeting in a group to stuff our faces with breakfast & do a bit of mutual support has stuck.
Jul 2021
7:41pm, 27 Jul 2021
128,287 posts
  •  
GregP
The course was altogether less ghastly than feared
Jul 2021
7:50pm, 27 Jul 2021
15,246 posts
  •  
NDWDave
We did action learning sets a while back. Not a bad way of working out to solve challenges with teams
Jul 2021
11:00am, 28 Jul 2021
41,674 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
It's going to be one of those mornings. Following a confusing and incomplete email from HR to a very large mailing group (probably around 5,000), I am busy on the delete button. Here's a random selection:

"Can colleagues, for all that is sacred, please stop replying to this email address that goes to all staff and just email humanresources@..."

"There were 4 emails kindly asking NOT TO REPLY ALL. Seem to have not worked! Please if you must RESPOND, can you DO SO by JUST CLICKING REPLY BUTTON and NOT REPLY ALL! Please clear whoever in the email that may not be interested in this chat (like me for example) before you reply. We just had a stream of 8-9 emails that some of us are not really interested to receive at all. PLEASE…"

"Please include me in your replies, it saves me asking the same questions.
Thank you"

"Please also include me. I did see the e mail from [ ] but do think this looks like a very suspicious email so proper detailed clarification from someone in authority is urgently required."

"I have clicked Reply All on purpose. Yes, reply all can be, is a nuisance, but in this case people would like to know if this is a genuine email or phishing"
Jul 2021
9:26am, 30 Jul 2021
15,280 posts
  •  
NDWDave
Dear All,

Please be advised that the office fogging will take place on Sunday 1st August with no access to the building.

If you require access for Saturday 31st July please let me know by 4pm today.
Jul 2021
9:26am, 30 Jul 2021
15,281 posts
  •  
NDWDave
Replyallmaegeddons are one of the joys of working in a large organisation

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP
Amplify your influence, further inspire your team, enhance your leadership skills and develop a competitive edge for your organisation.

The session will support you in considering the organisational culture you are creating. We will consider how you can ensure people are collaborating and innovating effectively and you will gain an understanding of how to motivate and engage teams after/during a period of such huge uncertainty.

You will be given assessment tools to use following the session that will allow you to critique your approach and gain feedback from your teams to ensure the approach you are taking is motivating and challenging whilst supportive.

Find out more and book your place here