Buying a house
11:51am, 26 Sep 2018
GusI’m looking to move from my 3 bed flat to a smaller 2 bed house with a garden. We bought the flat 30 years ago so can anyone offer good advice on what to watch out for?
12:03pm, 26 Sep 2018
HellsBellsI haven't moved in over 20 years so no help, but there's a quite active thread here
good luck with it all
1:43pm, 26 Sep 2018
GusCheers HB it’s all new to me at the moment
7:07pm, 26 Sep 2018
Surrey PhilWe last moved in 1996 but it's the usual things such as...
1. What are the neighbours like? Wander around the area when everyone is coming home from work and school to get an idea of the locals.
2. Have a look over the fixtures and fittings, central heating (when was the last time the boiler was installed).
3. Ask why the existing homeowners are moving.
4. Look for signs of damp and structural defects. Is any excessive DIY required?
It can be quite stressful but I hope it all goes well for you, Gus.
About This Thread
- Trying to Move House/Flat May 2023
- Noise Annoys Oct 2023
- Indoor air quality help Aug 2021
- Househunting Feb 2017
- IKWYDLS - Tricountability Nov 2023
- Interval pace. Confused. Jun 2022
- Calf injury May 2022
- Osteoarthritis Ankle Mar 2018
- Any running doctors here? Apr 2014
- Why do I never get pbs anymore? Jan 2014
Buy a Fetch buff
Order now for immediate dispatch!
Join us in 2024 for a part-virtual, part-gathering endurance event to celebrate 20 years of Fetcheveryone!
See all your training overlaid on one interactive map. A great way to remember everywhere you've been
Race Listings League
Which Fetchies have done the most to make our race listings as awesome as they are?