Burning feet? Also meal plans

4 watchers
Mar 2020
8:31pm, 3 Mar 2020
4 posts
  •  
NLR0240
Hi everyone I have recently been doing a few runs and my feet have been burning around 1.5 miles in. It gets really annoying as causes me to slow and even stop to sort it out. I have a half marathon in 4 weeks and getting concerned it’s going to affect that!

Also on a completely unrelated note what should I be eating in terms of my half marathon being 4 weeks away. I’m not too sure any help would be great!
Mar 2020
8:34pm, 3 Mar 2020
23,459 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Full marks for the most diverse thread title ever :-)

Not sure what to suggest on either score really.

When you say you stop to sort your feet out, what is it that sorts them out?

As for food, I guess it's all about just trying to eat healthily. How have you been doing on your longer runs, energy-wise?
Mar 2020
8:36pm, 3 Mar 2020
5 posts
  •  
NLR0240
I have to stop and just have a wander/walk for around a minute which is fine and all but it knocks a lot of time off in the half or even just for a couple miles run! In my long runs my longest is 7 miles and it’s Been fine. Did 4 at 10 minutes then 11 for the other 3 so all good on that count!
Mar 2020
8:36pm, 3 Mar 2020
1,550 posts
  •  
oumaumau
When you say your feet are burning, do you mean getting hot, or getting sore/aching?

Have you suddenly increased your running in prep for the half?

Plenty fresh fruit and veg, and less of the processed foods should be good enough to get you round a half - assuming you've trained for it :)
Mar 2020
8:38pm, 3 Mar 2020
6 posts
  •  
NLR0240
A bit of both. They burn and ache. It’s been fine all up to now. It happened in a 2 mile run today! But my 7 the other week was absolutely fine... it’s so strange it’s just come on now. I’ve even ordered and wore special socks to help running but that hasn’t done anything.
Mar 2020
8:40pm, 3 Mar 2020
1,551 posts
  •  
oumaumau
You don't log your training on here, so it's hard to see whether your training may be causing your issues. How long have you been running? How much would you do on average?
Mar 2020
8:41pm, 3 Mar 2020
1,552 posts
  •  
oumaumau
Oh, and have you got new shoes recently?
Mar 2020
7 posts
  •  
NLR0240
I have been running for around 10 weeks now. In terms of training anyway. And on average I do around 2 miles on a Tuesday. 5-7 on a Thursday and I’ve been doing increases in Sunday’s. Longest is 7. Shortest was 4!
Mar 2020
8 posts
  •  
NLR0240
I got new shoes around a month ago yeah!
Mar 2020
8:42pm, 3 Mar 2020
606 posts
  •  
Cog Noscensme AHA
You're not overtightening your laces are you? I used to do mine up quite snug and got quite uncomfortable across the soles of my feet. Some shoes worse than others. Tried loosening them right off and it really helped for me. Hope you find a solution.

About This Thread

Maintained by NLR0240
Hi everyone I have recently been doing a few runs and my feet have been burning around 1.5 miles in....