We don't hide behind a paywall!

Log and analyse training, find events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more.
Join Fetcheveryone

Burning fat instead of sugar

1 watcher
Jul 2012
9:09pm, 2 Jul 2012
2434 posts
  •  
  •  
heebiejeebie
I vaguely remember reading something, somewhere, about training yourself to burn fat instead of relying on knocking back gels during marathons.

Anyone know what article I saw and where to find it?
Jul 2012
9:11pm, 2 Jul 2012
43185 posts
  •  
  •  
plodding hippo
Stu Mittelman says this.he bthinks its mostly in the head

cant link to an article though, sorry

His book is Slow Burn
.B.
Jul 2012
9:15pm, 2 Jul 2012
2227 posts
  •  
  •  
.B.
There was a scientist talking about this on TalkUltra podcast training talks in episodes 10 and 11 (more in episode 10 I seem to remember)
Jul 2012
9:18pm, 2 Jul 2012
20918 posts
  •  
  •  
Velociraptor
Probably my blog :P
Jul 2012
9:18pm, 2 Jul 2012
2435 posts
  •  
  •  
heebiejeebie
Might have been ;-)
Jul 2012
9:46pm, 2 Jul 2012
5340 posts
  •  
  •  
The_Saint
Isn't this just another way of saying "You'll hit the wall early but you can get used to it" ? I think Noakes, his students the Science of Sport in their book "The Runners Body" and Katch, Katch and McArdle in their magnum opus "Exercise Physiology: Energy, Nutrition, and Human Performance" all tackle why this is wishful thinking
Jul 2012
9:47pm, 2 Jul 2012
2436 posts
  •  
  •  
heebiejeebie
Ta :-)
Jul 2012
9:48pm, 2 Jul 2012
2437 posts
  •  
  •  
heebiejeebie
(pass the magic wand)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I vaguely remember reading something, somewhere, about training yourself to burn fat instead of rely...