Buddies Full Training View Setting

3 watchers
Jul 2014
7:17pm, 8 Jul 2014
864 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
For some buddies I can see full details of their training, ie once I've clicked "View Full Training Log" and chosen a month I can click on the Glasses View for a workout and can see the detail ( map, splits, notes, etc ) whereas for other buddies if I click on the Glasses View for a specific workout it just takes me back to their main Train page.

I've no idea what people who are buddies of me see.

What setting determines whether or not a buddy can see the full training detail ? Is it Buddy List, then Training View/Hide ?
Jul 2014
6:32am, 9 Jul 2014
28,328 posts
  •  
Nellers
Buddy list, I think. You can set them to be able to view the log and to view/edit your plan individually.
Jul 2014
6:51am, 9 Jul 2014
70,583 posts
  •  
santababy
you can choose what your buddies see Gus
Jul 2014
7:31am, 9 Jul 2014
209 posts
  •  
timaru
I have no buddies to worry about :-(
Jul 2014
9:32am, 9 Jul 2014
4,661 posts
  •  
paul the builder
I think it's the "Turn Off My Sharing" (or "Turn On My Sharing") at the top right of the glasses view page for a training entry.
Jul 2014
9:41am, 9 Jul 2014
867 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Ahh, that might be it - does that Sharing work for everyone though, or just my buddies ? If it means that anyone can see the full details, then anyone could easily find out where you live, which doesn't really bother me ( I don't think ), but could understand it might bother some.

So the option on the Buddy List screen is just so a buddy can see your list of runs from any month, but to actually see the glasses view for a month you have to have sharing on. Is that right ?

PtB - buddied you back, and I have Sharing off at thye moment - can you confirm you can't see a glasses view of any of my runs.
Jul 2014
9:47am, 9 Jul 2014
4,662 posts
  •  
paul the builder
It can only be buddies, because no-one else could reach the point of getting a *glasses* to click on, I assume...

Right now - I can click on your glasses view, but it directs me back to your profile Training tab.

Flick the switch, and I'll try again.
Jul 2014
9:50am, 9 Jul 2014
868 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Ah yes of course, doh ! Right, sharing is on
Jul 2014
9:58am, 9 Jul 2014
4,663 posts
  •  
paul the builder
Bingo.
Jul 2014
10:02am, 9 Jul 2014
869 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Thanks for your help Paul, I'd been under the impression for months that by giving Buddies a "View" of my Training log they could look at the detail of any run, but I haven't had Sharing set to on.

Would sort of make more sense if it was on the same page as where you give the other Buddy access rights. I though the sharing on the glasses view was if you wanted to make that individual run viewable to everyone.

Like most things, simple when you know how !

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by K5 Gus
For some buddies I can see full details of their training, ie once I've clicked "View Full Trainin...