Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Bruised calf without injury - opinions please.

1 watcher
EdJ
Aug 2013
8:29pm, 11 Aug 2013
82 posts
EdJ
It might be something completely different, but I did the SDW100 a couple of months ago, and afterwards the bottom of my shins were very very tender (they were the most hurty thing of all). I think my (obviously completely unsound) internet-based diagnosis was something about the muscles swelling more than their surrounding sheaths wanted them to. They calmed down after a couple of days. Well done on the sub-24 and second lady!
Aug 2013
8:43pm, 11 Aug 2013
3211 posts
Garfield
How about just rubbing? They were on for a good while...and great running!:)
Aug 2013
5:17am, 12 Aug 2013
69488 posts
santababy
my physio warned me off calf guards. HIs take on it is why on earth would you restrict your blood flow. especially during a 100 mile race. I suspect your blood hasn't been flowing properly and had caused it.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Liliaicha
After completing a 100 mile race this morning, I removed my calf guards to reveal a very bruised shi...

Close