Brooks Ghost 5 (or other shoes you want me to buy, for me not you)

1 watcher
May 2013
1:59pm, 30 May 2013
3,347 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Went to a running shop over Christmas and was fitted with a pair of these, but then couldn't get them as other things took priority money wise. I have a 50% off deal through Sweatshop right now, and some pennies from my birthday, so am thinking of new shoes again.

I've been running in some Suacony Guide 4's that have been great, but the guy in the shop did an analysis and asked if I suffered from calf problems (I do) and said that the Ghost 5 should help with that.

Anyone running in these right now and can offer opinions? Or any other shoes people currently are so attached to they even sleep in them?
May 2013
2:10pm, 30 May 2013
19,084 posts
  •  
BigChiefRunningBore
I found they were a bit narrow and pressed my toes together. The laces kept coming undone. Previously a fav shoe
May 2013
2:21pm, 30 May 2013
3,348 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Oh, I have quite wide plodders, so that is valuable info. I am going to go into Sweatshop on Saturday "fresh" as it were, and get them to analyse etc again. Just wondered about the Ghost as when he mentioned the calf issue I was like "OMG you are psychic".

Or maybe I was just limping.
May 2013
4:05pm, 30 May 2013
19,085 posts
  •  
BigChiefRunningBore
Did you hear about the new pirate movie?

It's rated ARRRRRR.
May 2013
4:45pm, 30 May 2013
1,462 posts
  •  
Hackett
I wore brooks ghost 4s and they were ok but seemed to wear out quite quickly. I now wear them as my gym shoes. I saw some Mizuno Wave Riders cheap and On advise of the Fetchies, I was advised to get a pair. Although they don't last as long as Asics for me they are a great shoe and I've had 3 pairs now.
May 2013
3:43pm, 31 May 2013
81 posts
  •  
Moleshome
I've got Ghost 4s and have been very happy with them. I'd definitely buy another pair.
May 2013
6:58pm, 31 May 2013
187 posts
  •  
Plodder54
I'm currently using some Brooks Ghost 5's and really like them , My other shoes are a pair of Saucony Progrid Triumph 8's and they seem to have more cushioning than the Brooks. I have also suffered with calf problems in the past and will say my calves did feel tight during my first few runs in the Brooks but that has stopped now I've fully broken them in, I've worn them both on the road and done some trail runs in them and they've felt good on both terrains. Will defiantly consider some more when these have worn out.
Jun 2013
9:36am, 3 Jun 2013
3,375 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Well I ended up with Brooks, but the Ravenna 3's with some insoles as well. Just felt a bit more supportive. Will see how they fare in the next week or two and see if I want to stick with them!
Jun 2013
2:30pm, 3 Jun 2013
1,471 posts
  •  
Hackett
Ravenas are a support shoe. Though ghost was a neutral trainer.
Jun 2013
2:41pm, 3 Jun 2013
3,377 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Yeah, the guy who did the gait last time said my pronating was minimal, whereas this time the guy said it was quite pronounces (it did look it on the video tbf). So he gave me a few types to try and the Ravenna's I felt the most confident in when going round the shop/outside.

About This Thread

Maintained by HermanBloom
Went to a running shop over Christmas and was fitted with a pair of these, but then couldn't get th...