British 10K London

6 watchers
Apr 2012
11:57am, 26 Apr 2012
4 posts
  •  
TrillionBlue
I am looking forward to this race! I know it's overpriced but running through central London will make it that way.
Apr 2012
12:01pm, 26 Apr 2012
2,644 posts
  •  
Battlecat
It was my first ever race in 2007 so I didn't know much better. The start was a pain though.

I'm doing it again this year because work have put a charity team together. I didn't know it was £50 to enter though - jeez!

I'm sort of looking forward to it because assuming it's the same course as 2007 I'll be able to compare times and see how much faster I've got
Apr 2012
12:08pm, 26 Apr 2012
697 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
I certainly enjoyed the race overall. The atmosphere is really great, just falls down a bit at the start and (this year) the cost.

At the end of the day though, if you have the money for cost not to be an issue, I guess that part doesn't matter anyway!
May 2012
1:43pm, 15 May 2012
45 posts
  •  
London Nici
Training is going really well and am now getting excited about this one.

Last time I ran through London was the Royal Parks Half in 2010 and I was so completely underpreparfed that I had a miserable time (and hung up my shoes for nearly 2 years)

Am aiming for a time of 1.06 (ok, secretly hoping for 1.02).

Hope my Fetch shirt arrives in time :o)

LN
May 2012
1:44pm, 15 May 2012
46 posts
  •  
London Nici
*underprepared too
Ski
Jun 2012
7:33pm, 22 Jun 2012
231 posts
  •  
Ski
Missus has received her pack today. Her first ever race, excited, scared and now disappointed - the top that they have sent is a tad snug! Does anyone know if they will swap it? I've sent an email asking but unfortunately i'm not holding much hope! Shame, gutted for her!
Jul 2012
4:09pm, 9 Jul 2012
128 posts
  •  
Clatters
Yup - just as badly organised as everyone was threatening !!!! Nice course and all that, but without phased starting it was just frustrating. Took me 46 minutes just to cross the start line. I crossed the finish line in about the same time !! Compared to the BUPA 10k, this was an absolute shambles. Queues crossing everywhere before and after the race, just badly planned. Nice of them to allow my baggage to get absolutely rained on - couldn't even stretch to a cover on the baggage bays ... shame on you, you money-saving, profit-grabbing people !! You pander to the Nike $ alright, but with very scant regard for the people actually paying to do the event. Never again for me (though you might have guessed that already from my ranting!). I'm an ever-present BUPA 10k runner, and that will be my one London race each year thank you !!!
Ski
Jul 2012
6:10pm, 9 Jul 2012
237 posts
  •  
Ski
I have to agre Clatters. This was my missus first ever 10k and thankfully she knows know different. I would strongly suggest that people look elsewhere when they see this race. For £50 was it worth it? NO. There appears to be such a lack of organisation. Like Clatters said, wet bags in the baggage bays, 45 - 55min shuffle to just get to the start line, no direction at the end of the race, absolutely crap goody bags (bag of nuts and berries with a flyer!), an app on Facebook that people could use but then didn't appear on the screens. Lets see what the photo looks like that i will be able to download (thats meant to be worth £17.99)

I can honestly say that other than the route and a generally good atmosphere this is the worst 10k I have ever entered!

Oh and no customer support even though they have a link on the website saying 'contact us'.
Jul 2012
6:26pm, 9 Jul 2012
6,355 posts
  •  
Mrs Winkle
I ran past the start during my long run yesterday - it looked like a shambles.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
£50 for a guaranteed place?! WTF?! Ok, so that includes 2x t-shirts, but I don't want or need 2 t-...