British 10k becomes Festival of Nike

7 watchers
Jul 2012
1:43pm, 2 Jul 2012
8 posts
  •  
TrillionBlue
Has everyone got their race packs? Mine still hasn't arrived and I'm slightly annoyed. There is no number to call anyone only an email address which means I am constantly checking if they've got back! Does anyone have a contact number for the organisers?
Jul 2012
1:56pm, 2 Jul 2012
6,763 posts
  •  
mulbs
I quite like the idea of a numbered T shirt, I hate faffing round with saftey pins and there just isn't a good front of T location for a girl with any boobage to pin a number.

not that I'm in this race mind you, was just being nosey!
Jul 2012
2:45pm, 2 Jul 2012
2,810 posts
  •  
Battlecat
I've just had an e-mail from them apologising that not all of the packs have gone out yet. They say that they'll all be in the post by Tuesday so you'll have them by the end o fthe week.

There's a help desk on Saturday & Sunday morning if anyone has any problems
Jul 2012
4:40pm, 2 Jul 2012
2,811 posts
  •  
Battlecat
I've just had another e-mail about a facebook app. It apparently updates facebook as I go round the course and friends can send messages on fb that will come up on big screens around the course.

That sounds well cool but a bt overkill for a 10k! I'll be signing up to see if it works.
Jul 2012
5:22pm, 5 Jul 2012
4,252 posts
  •  
superflyguy
I was entered into this race as a gift but originally could not make it so transferred my place to a friend.

Weeks later my number arrives and after chasing her place up the person who I thought I had transferred the place to also got a number and free shirt. This race seems so badly organised hope the start is not as bad as it says on the previous page.
Jul 2012
6:08pm, 5 Jul 2012
9 posts
  •  
TrillionBlue
I now have two packs with two different numbers. Wonder if someone else can run with the gear? Worried as well about this race now! Hope it all goes okay. If not I've the Clapham and Royal Parks to look forward to!
Jul 2012
12:44pm, 6 Jul 2012
495 posts
  •  
Kenny_Boy
Why are you worried?

It's a little congested at the start but it's not the end of the world. Get there early and it's no issue at all.
Jul 2012
5:03pm, 6 Jul 2012
10 posts
  •  
TrillionBlue
Just worried about the fact I have two race packs assigned to me with 2 numbers. Hope at least one works. Thinking of strapping a chip to each foot in case ;) I am looking forward to it just the organisation has been a little off. My shirt is also a mens medium but at least it'll be nice and loose for training runs!
Jul 2012
5:02pm, 8 Jul 2012
497 posts
  •  
Kenny_Boy
Bag drop - SHAMBLES

Start - SHAMBLES

BAH!
Jul 2012
6:29pm, 8 Jul 2012
2,840 posts
  •  
Battlecat
Agreed Kenny Boy. I can't be that hard to sort out waves or something for the start, and for a £50 entry fee I'd quite like somewhere dry to leave my bag, I used my bin bag that I'd brought for at the start to keep my bag in.

Other than that I really liked it. The projections of Mo & Paula on the tunnel walls was cool and the route is quite good.

The start needs badly sorting though, it's dangerous. I was about 500 back I think (so fairly close to the start line) and for 3k I was pushing past people walking. I bet they were first timers that didn't really know about where to start in a race and I can't think it would be much fun to spend the first 20 minute of their race being shoved out of the way

About This Thread

Maintained by Kendo!
I got my race pack for this today and it appears it's now a big exercise in "LOOK AT MY NIKE BRAND...