Bristol to Bath marathon

14 watchers
Jan 2015
5:34pm, 5 Jan 2015
4,130 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
Mate of mine put on facebook a link to a 4 day run of the Cotswold Way, which cost apparently £650? Makes this one seem economical!
Sep 2015
6:00pm, 3 Sep 2015
918 posts
  •  
Weean
*tumbleweed*?

Well, entries are closed, so if you're not in, you're not in.

Website's been updated with nice things like a more detailed, interactive map, but I'd like a bit more info like where/when we'll be getting our race numbers.

My trainings going ok, but with the course and all I won't be expecting a PB!
Sep 2015
9:25am, 22 Sep 2015
31 posts
  •  
runjogcrawl13
Less than 5 weeks to this event making its debut! How many others are doing it? The second half of the course is certainly going to be testing, the first slope is just after the Feeder Road when going through the Lock and heading towards Crews Hole Road which is quite flat, but at the end of it (prepare when you have the river directly on you're right) is Conham Hill (15 miles) which is certainly a hill with about 5% average gradient in 500m of climbing. Memorial Road is pretty flat and the next hill at the start of Court Farm Road is quite short but steep, strava is telling me 4.5% average climb over 400m but I would suggest that its only around 150m thats really got a sting in it. After this you descend down Willsbridge Hill, bit of up off the down and onto the Kelston Road which runs all the way to Bath. The Kelston road initially isnt too bad, with the first few miles just rolling but make sure you keep something in the tank as miles 21-23, through Kelston and then around the back of the RUH up Penn Hill Road wont be welcomed by many at the business end of a marathon! I think it will be a good route, wont be one for PB's and people will have to be careful between finding the right balance of making most of a favourable first half whilst keeping plenty in the locker for what would be a tough half marathon, let alone with 13 miles racing already in the legs! If anyone who isnt from the area has any questions on the route or wants to know more then let me know!
Sep 2015
8:32am, 28 Sep 2015
929 posts
  •  
Weean
Four weeks to go, had probably my longest (21.5 miles) run yesterday, will probably put one more longish run in this weekend, then it's taper-tastic.

Anyone else getting excited?
Oct 2015
7:42pm, 8 Oct 2015
32 posts
  •  
runjogcrawl13
I am getting towards excitement Weean, intrigued to see how well its organised and how the people of Bath/Bristol come out to support - certainly large sections wont have a vast amount of support I would suggest!

Of the countless people I know signed up, a lot arent going to make the start line which is a shame. What are peoples predictions for; finishers, winning time - very hard with it being the debut of the race!
Oct 2015
9:20pm, 8 Oct 2015
935 posts
  •  
Weean
Has anyone had their race packs yet? The website claims they're being sent out about three weeks ahead of the race, so they should start popping through doors sometime soon.
Oct 2015
1:42pm, 15 Oct 2015
505 posts
  •  
CaptainDad
Race pack turned up yesterday.
Apr 2016
1:11pm, 20 Apr 2016
1,013 posts
  •  
Weean
Just got an email - the race won't be taking place this year, but will in 2017.

Disappointing, but as I couldn't take place this year, and plan to give up on chasing PBs after smashing 3:30 at London on Sunday (*ahem*), not personally devastating. I enjoyed this one.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Oysterboy
I've just seen this.

bristolbathmarathon.com

I've never done a full marathon be...