We don't hide behind a paywall!

Log and analyse training, find events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more.
Join Fetcheveryone

Brighton Marathon 2021

12 watchers
Oct 2021
3:56pm, 23 Oct 2021
7435 posts
  •  
  •  
Surrey Phil
I've been watching the live stream broadcast in chunks and have now seen myself limping across the line. Not my best running on film by some margin.

One thing that I have noticed is the number of young children crossing the line with parents. This was being done previously and this year's pre-race instructions was telling people not to do it. Children could get lost, impede other runners, etc. I think I am well into double figures with the numbers I have spotted and the race commentators (all Event Team personnel) seem to enjoy it and even interview those responsible. A bit confusing when Grounded Events give specific instructions yet their staff do the opposite!

Personally, I don't mind it at smaller events but not at big city marathons. Moan over until the next time.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by JJJ
Scheduled for 12 September 2021 :)