Brighton Marathon 2016
1:05pm, 28 Apr 2016
Surrey PhilIt's just dawned on me, a few things from 2015 that were missing from this year's race:
1. No goody bags for the first runners registering/arriving at the Expo.
2. No Shot Bloks - just gels (different supplier, I know).
3. No pre-recorded 'Find You're Strong' videos at mile 23.
4. No bananas or isotonic drinks after the race (unless I walked past them). Also, the foil blankets had gone by the time I finished. I usually pass mine to disabled children or a special needs school as a sensory item, so I was a tad disappointed and I refuse to pull one out of the bin that has already been used!
Is it just me, or did the electrolyte drinks taste foul?
On the positive side, I thought the new corral layout worked well although it took twice as long to get started. I don't mind cotton finsiher's t-shirts but the techincal one this year was excellent. Oh, and the crowd were brilliant!
1:33pm, 28 Apr 2016
StuHolmesDefinitely no bananas, and I really wanted one too! Only water at the end, but there were Zero tabs in the bag. I quite like the taste, did notice at every drinks station the volunteers were thrusting it in our hand's shouting "ENERGY DRINK!"... no it's not.
No videos at mile 23, we had Fatboy Slim and Zoe Ball instead!
The crowd were great.
6:37pm, 28 Apr 2016
Surrey PhilI think I got water instead of the announced 'energy drink' on one occasion. Last year, water and isotonic drinks were in different coloured cups. Not a pre-race notification, just called out to you as you approached the drinks station.
About This ThreadMaintained by Footpad
So the plans are being planned and the legs prepared for Brighton 2016 on April 17th 2016.
- Preston Guild 2012 Race Series - 5k, 10k, 10M & Half/Full Marathon
- Brighton Marathon 2018
- Brighton Marathon 2015
- Brighton Marathon 2017
- Brighton Marathon 2020
- Brighton Marathon 2014
- Yorkshire Christmas social
- Areas of unusual ugliness
Pre-race Training Volume
See your accumulated mileage in the weeks leading up to any event in your portfolio, and compare it to your other performances View your graphs