Brighton Marathon 2015

15 watchers
Apr 2015
12:14pm, 14 Apr 2015
2,366 posts
  •  
Nelly
No fish smells in Manchester I'm afraid Pete (I presume that's a selling point, but I'm not sure ;-)). Clare, not too late to change your mind and join us next year...
Apr 2015
12:16pm, 14 Apr 2015
826 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I didn't catch a good look at the guy dressed as a bollard. Probably because he was hidden by the mile marker as I ran that section on the pavement. Saw the free hugs lady although I didn't oblige.

There were a lot more runners this year. Any more, then the out-and-back sections may have to go in place of a one lap course, as in the VMLM. I'm sure any ideas and suggestions will be gratefully received by the Grounded Events team. They usually send an e-mail for feedback, so it any concerns as well as positives can be actioned.
Apr 2015
10:36am, 15 Apr 2015
3,089 posts
  •  
clare1976
Fishy or not, I'M IN FOR 2016!! Can't believe I have entered this 367 days (or is it 368 as February 2016 has 29 days?!) before the race! But I'm a sucker for an early bird bargain!

Magpie, 3:19:59 will be ours :)
Apr 2015
7:00pm, 15 Apr 2015
2,592 posts
  •  
Tracey G
Clare - you've got to love a bargin :)
Apr 2015
9:00pm, 15 Apr 2015
830 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Signed up at the Expo for 2016 - just need to complete the registration process. Really wouldn't want to pay more than that to enter.
Apr 2015
12:23pm, 16 Apr 2015
266 posts
  •  
Ouchling
Huge thanks to the Fetchie with the Jaffa cakes. I had no cheerer on -ers until near the finish line, so all kinds of mental boosts were most welcome. I was the sweaty incoherent one in a green t-shirt, trying to introduce herself as Lizling, but probably failing.

I had a rubbish run, about 20 minutes slower than I was expecting. Way to sunny for me is my excuse - give me freezing drizzle any day! I didn't find the hell mile too bad though. It was the bit about 8 miles in where you run away from the seafront and double back again that I hated because I thought I might melt.
Apr 2015
12:29pm, 16 Apr 2015
4,863 posts
  •  
kwala
That was me with the jaffa cakes!! Glad to have been of help :-) I did catch you calling out Lizling as you ran off!! And I have a bright pink sunburnt nose testament to how sunny it was :-)
Apr 2015
12:31pm, 16 Apr 2015
267 posts
  •  
Ouchling
And of course I'm called Ouchling on this forum, which doesn't help at all! Lizling was my old name on another forum I don't use anymore.
Apr 2015
5:00pm, 18 Apr 2015
831 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Did everyone enjoy this morning's highlights on Channel 4? Or more, did you spot yourself, family or friends?

I failed to get on it for the third year running. Son and niece weren't shown at the mini-mile. We actually stood directly behind the start line for their races (wife was waving at all interviews being made) and still not on camera. Mustn't go on, otherwise I'll sound like a Z-list celebrity at next week's VMLM. Fancy dress next year might help!
Apr 2015
11:43am, 19 Apr 2015
60 posts
  •  
Rob W
I have just watched the highlights on catchup... There was a brief glimpse of a fetch shirt about 48 minutes in..

About This Thread

Maintained by Surrey Phil
With just two months to go, how is everyone doing with their preparation for this great event?