Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Brighton Half Marathon

10 watchers
Feb 2012
12:06pm, 29 Feb 2012
3450 posts
CornishEva
It was someone from my club that won - he must be super annoyed!
Jan 2013
10:52am, 25 Jan 2013
5 posts
Bandy Andy
Hi, all - long time lurker ...

Quick question - start time is 9, trains from London get in at either 7.10 (requiring a very unsociable sub-6am train) or 7.58. Seems to be about 20 mins down to Madeira Drive. Any thoughts about whether the 7.58 arrival is cutting it a bit fine?
Thanks,
Jan 2013
10:54am, 25 Jan 2013
10084 posts
controversial
Bandy Andy, it is doable, but yes cutting it fine ... you will have no time to mess around, bear in mind that 20 mins is if there is no people on the way ... which they will be. Also toilet stop might be very difficult!
Jan 2013
11:00am, 25 Jan 2013
6 posts
Bandy Andy
Controversial. thanks - that's kind of what I thought - but secretly hoping someone would say "yeah, will be be fine, take the extra hour in bed". This will give me time for a full english somewhere....

Trusting that they've managed to measure the course correctly this year - you've got to hope they've double-checked it this time!
Feb 2013
4:59pm, 7 Feb 2013
997 posts
The great dollop
Bandy Andy, Get breakfast at the station (victoria) to eat on the train down, (McD porridge? etc) use the loos at Brighton Station when you arrive (have some change as I think they are pay&go) and then use the 1mile jog as a gentle warm up down hill to the seafront and the race start. You'll be there with 30minutes to go and alright.
Just as long as there isn't a bus replacement service on that weekend (as there is almost every weekend between haywards heath and brighton) - then you're F&^ked anyway.

So - check the engineering works schedule...

One option - with regular leaving times from london victoria - use the gatwick express (it goes to brighton) as they prioritise those trains because people have to catch flights on time. Pay a bit more, but they don't get chewed up as much as standard trains out of Vic. if there are any problems in the clapham junction/croydon area.
Feb 2013
10:17am, 8 Feb 2013
694 posts
Hackett
Always engineering works at the weekend. From station to Marina Drive youre probably looking at 15-20 min walk. Problem wll be the queues for baggage.
Feb 2013
3:28pm, 9 Feb 2013
85 posts
runFattyrun
Long shot but does anyone have a place they are not able to use? I have a place but my wife does not happy to reimburse to cover your costs..

please PM me if you can help.

Mny thanks
Feb 2013
8:52am, 14 Feb 2013
740 posts
Hackett
Looks like fresh morning Sunday but currently no rain !!.
Feb 2013
8:56am, 14 Feb 2013
3524 posts
CornishEva
wind can be the devil in this race :-/
Feb 2013
9:09am, 14 Feb 2013
741 posts
Hackett
Couple of years ago it was freezing and very windy. People were blue when they finished.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Max71
Yes. I would like to talk about this race.