Bridge to 10k plans

4 watchers
May 2012
2:40pm, 3 May 2012
14 posts
  •  
lazytoad2001
Lol thats not sad its sweet :)

To be fair parkrun has made me what I am without the help of the other runners there I would never have got as far as I have. I like the pick I have posted as I look like im really running :)

Oooh know I looked at fetchpoint but thought I would need a Garmin or something? Not heard of conquercise what is it?
TT
May 2012
4:34pm, 3 May 2012
482 posts
  •  
TT
It works in pretty much the same way. You upload your training, you can add training manually, and once you've opted in to the game it credits you automatically. Who ever has exercised in an area the most kind of owns it and their picture is on the map.

You add training manually by clicking on routes then add route and clicking in the run then going to add training manually and putting it in with your time.
May 2012
5:36pm, 3 May 2012
507 posts
  •  
Welshwomble (WW)
lol TT - if I got much slower I would be static ;)

Lazytoad - you can have my number for my next 10km - its 13 (eek)

My plan is to complete these 2 10km in RW mode and then concentrate on building up my running time so that I can run all of it without walks, whilst getting back into parkrun. I need to keep reminding myself that these races are part of my training programme as I didn't return to running when I originally planned.
May 2012
9:59am, 4 May 2012
16 posts
  •  
lazytoad2001
TT Oooh will have a look at that now, hope I can work out how to do it!

WW Eeek you know what will give that one a miss ;-) Thats much like me if im honest, one day I will run 10k without stopping :)
May 2012
7:50pm, 5 May 2012
20 posts
  •  
Not so lazytoad!
Just thought I would update you, somehow I managed yesterday with the help of my friends to run 10k without stopping on 1hr and 11 mins :) :) :)

K x
TT
May 2012
7:59pm, 5 May 2012
494 posts
  •  
TT
That is SO good! :-)

Exciting this running thing isn't it!
Ted
May 2012
7:59pm, 5 May 2012
11,361 posts
  •  
Ted
Only just picked up on the thread. Welcome to Fetch, and many congrats for going the whole way without a break. You will be looking at the sub 60 barrier after you complete a few more. :)

One thing I would say though is you need to update your race times. You have your 5K times recorded in hh:mm instead of mm:ss.
TT
May 2012
8:00pm, 5 May 2012
495 posts
  •  
TT
Doesn't it make you wonder what you're actually capable of, like where are your limits :-)
May 2012
8:09pm, 5 May 2012
21 posts
  •  
Not so lazytoad!
Thanks Ted ooh doh rookie mistake there I will go in now and update them all! Thanks im a very happy lady :) TT, This is much what I was thinking last night, if I could do that and didnt think I could how much further could go if I was pushed. In a way it also proved to me how far I have come as I still remember when I couldnt run to the end of my street. I think half of my problem is that I still think I cant!
TT
May 2012
8:13pm, 5 May 2012
496 posts
  •  
TT
The brain takes a while to catch up! :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by Nutso Lazytoad!
Hi All

Please be gentle this is my first post on here :)

I am a C25K graduate, so can now run...