Bridge to 10k plans

4 watchers
May 2012
1:40pm, 1 May 2012
7 posts
  •  
lazytoad2001
Lol WW its quite good, especially if like me 10 mins in my brain is less than it is in real life! Prevents me cheating!!! TT I wish for the day I will ever get there :( one day I will manage it :)
TT
May 2012
2:29pm, 1 May 2012
472 posts
  •  
TT
The thing that made the big difference was using the heart rate monitor and, frustratingly, slowing down. Want to be faster though!

You're doing Manchester 10k too :-) will have to watch for you
May 2012
4:02pm, 1 May 2012
8 posts
  •  
lazytoad2001
Lol thats what people keep telling me to do, but I suppose its for my own good and will be for the best in the long run.

Am indeed not sure what wave im going in yet though as not got race pack yet :( Would say will watch for you too but dont think a ginger pud cat will be running ;-)
TT
May 2012
4:11pm, 1 May 2012
473 posts
  •  
TT
I bet I will be in a slower wave than you. Hoping the race pack will arrive soon.
May 2012
4:32pm, 2 May 2012
500 posts
  •  
Welshwomble (WW)
I found a version of Bridge .... , I keep getting put off by the 15 to 30 and then 30 to 60 increases (or whatever it is). I didn't quite make the transition on C25k due to illness and the *need* to walk 1 min after 15 - time to throw away the comfort blanket, although once I get back up to 15, I might increase by 5 mins each time but then I might be brave and say "S*d It"
May 2012
8:12am, 3 May 2012
12 posts
  •  
lazytoad2001
Still no race pack :( so dont know what wave im in yet.

Eeek I will give it a go and see what happens, although to be fair I have been frightened just looking through the app! Know what you mean on the walking thing, its one of my problems too. I havent the fogiest how to tackle it either, mind over matter maybe.
TT
May 2012
11:40am, 3 May 2012
477 posts
  •  
TT
My pack has come :-) I'm in the pink wave, probably at the back of it!

You will be surprised with the bridge to 10. Get yourself some music on, maybe make a conscious effort to slow down and don't be afraid to skip weeks. Honestly, I was still officially obese when I muddled my way through it. You two will be fine! I must admit that I adore my heart rate monitor now, after bridge to 10 this HR training zones has got me doing much longer LSR's confidently. Going out to do 8 miles later this afternoon, confident that I will be able to do without walking because I'm really controlling my pace. I find that awesome! :-) Still can't get over that my legs will do that, however slow I am.

If it's worked for me it will work for you :-)
May 2012
11:48am, 3 May 2012
13 posts
  •  
lazytoad2001
Yay the pink wave is ace, I have been in the pink wave for the last couple of years, last year there were a load of firemen got a good time chasing after them :)

Oooh ok, will do my best to slow down and keep going I will give it my best shot as lets face it I didnt think I would ever complete C25K either!

I envy you being able to run that far one day I will be able to too, enjoy your run. Do you think the HRM is beneficial, do you have it as part of a Garmin or something?
May 2012
11:52am, 3 May 2012
11,807 posts
  •  
Homer
Welcome to Fetch :-)

Good luck with your running
TT
May 2012
12:02pm, 3 May 2012
480 posts
  •  
TT
:-) It's a garmin 405, I call him Norbert... I've never felt this way about any other inanimate object, it's a bit sad :-)

Seriously, you are a much better runner than me, I can tell just by looking at your photo!

The other thing that has really helped me is the games on here! Have you found fetchpoint and conquercise yet? They really get me out the door with a smile on my face.

About This Thread

Maintained by Nutso Lazytoad!
Hi All

Please be gentle this is my first post on here :)

I am a C25K graduate, so can now run...