Breast cyst

2 watchers
May 2020
7:50pm, 24 May 2020
560 posts
  •  
NRGEE
I have what I believe to be a whopper of a cyst- a cyst that was drained in DEC last year but I think has refilled. If it is going to keep recurring and is v sore-is it possible to actually surgically remove it- under local anaesthetic and sedation( don't want GA with amount of meds I am on)? I know HRT is not good for "cystic breasts". I am taking HRT and have been for a year now- mainly as perimenopausal and to protect my weak bones. Have an appt on wed for ultrasound and drainage/or further investigation. Will ask Dr then- but just wondered if any Fetchie has had "cystic breasts"?
May 2020
11:23am, 25 May 2020
24,083 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
No experience of it here, but I'm just nudging the thread. Good luck.
May 2020
11:25am, 25 May 2020
17,527 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
a nudge and a gentle hug
May 2020
12:18pm, 25 May 2020
4,027 posts
  •  
westmoors
Sorry, no experience here either. Hopefully the doc will give you answers on wed.
Nov 2020
10:53pm, 12 Nov 2020
155 posts
  •  
LouiseRuns 🌹🇬🇧 🇪🇺
Only just seen this. Don't know if you're still interested, but just on case... I found a huge lump had developed once. Straight to GP, fast-tracked to hospital the next day, only to discover it was a cyst. Massive relief, then it happened again, and again. Both sides, but not at the same time. Eventually diagnosed with cystic breast disease. The surgeon told me the best thing is to have them drained (better to be done by the person who performs the scan than by the surgeon, as the surgeon just pokes blindly...) when they get painful rather than removed because of recovery time, etc. Also said that things would probably settle down after menopause.
Aug 2021
8:56pm, 14 Aug 2021
604 posts
  •  
NRGEE
v useful comment LouiseRuns as I have been told the same. Back on non urgent referral to breast clinic for re-drainage of same cysts. told GP v sore when running and would take a cancellation if given 1-2hrs notice. Its the lady that does the ultrasound scan that drains any 15mm+. THe smaller ones are just left. This will be my 6th visit to the clinic for cyst aspiration this year(2021). Was v v anxious........ still anxious; but less so now as have done it so many times. Did need sedation initially- but manage ok now with my mum accompanying me. Although cos of covid she can't come in with me- having her there helps

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by NRGEE
I have what I believe to be a whopper of a cyst- a cyst that was drained in DEC last year but I thin...