Brathay Windermere Marathon 2015

12 watchers
XB
May 2015
1:09pm, 18 May 2015
3,164 posts
  •  
XB
What a great day. It was lovely to see smiley Mr & Mrs Smoke-free on the course as well as seeing Cumbria Andy, HappyG and HellsBells.

The race went alright for me despite the lack of decent training. I got to 20 miles before my badly designed feet seized up and refused to do anything other than shuffle. I finished with 4:22 and change which was better than I hoped for and within 13 seconds of the time I did my first Windermere marathon in 2009.

I've retired from Marathons now but I will pop back to support this great event.
May 2015
1:35pm, 18 May 2015
1,040 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Indeed - a cracking day as always. Always good to meet up with other Fetchies before & after - I'll miss somebody if I try to make a list so please forgive me if I don't but special thanks to HellsBells for the cake and bubbles. Sorry I missed Mr & Mrs smokefree.

I've blogged if anybody is interested but the short version is that, for me, everything went better than I deserved. I hit my most optimistic time target, had a six minute course best and, after about ten miles, was overtaken and left behind (as far as I can recall) by only one other runner. That'll do - 'til next year ;)
May 2015
1:54pm, 18 May 2015
16,532 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I always love this weekend. Hoping to bring the family next year, which might, just, reduce the amount of real ale that I prehydrate with.
May 2015
2:41pm, 18 May 2015
428 posts
  •  
redeaston
DNF for me yesterday. Pulled my calf at about 13.5 miles.
May 2015
2:49pm, 18 May 2015
366 posts
  •  
KingKenny72
That's a shame redeaston :-( ,did you get back to the start/finish ok ?

Enjoyed that, saw Mr & Mrs smoke-free at the start and also finishing. Also saw those cakes at the end but didn't know they were from here, looked good. Family enjoyed the day as well, so much so that they missed me finish :-)

4:03 for me, 4 min pb. Ran out of legs around 22-23 and couldn't dip under 4. Lovely but tough course. Not sure I'd want to do another 9 though, very well done to the 10in10ers.
May 2015
3:35pm, 18 May 2015
429 posts
  •  
redeaston
I got picked up in a support van and taken to millerground where my family were waiting for me.

I will be back again to beat it.
May 2015
3:53pm, 18 May 2015
10,682 posts
  •  
jennywren
XB you've retired more times than Take That :-)
XB
May 2015
4:11pm, 18 May 2015
3,165 posts
  •  
XB
Tis true, Jenny. It's got to the point where even I don't believe myself. I feel pretty confident that yesterday was my last one. Time to try something different.
May 2015
5:40pm, 18 May 2015
4,611 posts
  •  
Joe Hawk
Great day, hardwork after White Peak the day before but it went well and managed to get through to the end running strongly.
Great to see so many people I only really see at Windermere and glad the weather held off.

Ten in Ten always makes it quite a special day.
May 2015
10:03pm, 18 May 2015
145 posts
  •  
soozie
Well done to everyone who ran this yesterday. I saw some of the course and it looked pretty tough but very lovely. The cakes that Hellsbells made were lovely too!

About This Thread

Maintained by Caprica Vix (RotJ)
I haven't been able to find one of these yet, so here one is :)