We don't hide behind a paywall!

Log and analyse training, find events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more.
Join Fetcheveryone

Brathay Windermere Marathon 2015

12 watchers
XB
May 2015
2:12pm, 11 May 2015
3160 posts
  •  
  •  
XB
I will be there. I can't think of a better marathon to do as my last. I was unsure whether I would be fit enough to get round but I've had a good weekend and it's all systems go for a careful run/walk.

I nipped up yesterday to give a cheer to the TiTs.

I will probably be camping at Skelwith fold if I can get the engine on the van fixed.

Exciting.
May 2015
2:59pm, 11 May 2015
67 posts
  •  
  •  
smoke free
Looking forward to meeting you all. My good lady wife (to be!) did the SDW 50 to celebrate her 50th, I did Taunton the following week and finally broke 'good for age' before lying down. A lot. We then did the Salcombe Coastal Marathon last week (quirky... includes a ferry crossing) we're driving to Ambleside Friday from Paignton, up to Gretna Saturday for our wedding... I am soooooooo excited... then back down to Ambleside for an early night *cough* before getting up for the marathon. Realistically it depends how we feel. Nicky's pb is sub 4.30 but we're expecting to be tired but happy and we'll make the strategy up as we skip along. Not done Windemere but I imagine there'll be plenty of up up up :) Reckon we're going to fall in love with the lakes........
May 2015
3:09pm, 11 May 2015
16528 posts
  •  
  •  
DeeGee
Possibly my favourite road marathon. Love the whole weekend.
May 2015
3:16pm, 11 May 2015
1036 posts
  •  
  •  
CumbriAndy
It is my favourite road marathon too - and not just because it's on my doorstep (more or less). It's true there's some uppish bits but plenty of downs too - and, by the standards of the Lakes, none of the inclines are particularly long or steep. Two of them go on a it but otherwise it barely rates as Undulating ;)
May 2015
3:25pm, 11 May 2015
69 posts
  •  
  •  
smoke free
We don't mind a few hills 😨 Salcombe was challenging terrain and weather but absolutely beautiful course I would heartily recommend.
May 2015
3:49pm, 11 May 2015
2123 posts
  •  
  •  
Ceratonia
Are there any fetchies (other than Foxy?) doing the 10-in-10?
May 2015
3:53pm, 11 May 2015
221 posts
  •  
  •  
missvivvy
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewracedetails.php?id=274875

Four are listed......
May 2015
4:12pm, 11 May 2015
361 posts
  •  
  •  
KingKenny72
Just the one is enough for me :-) ,

Looking forward to this now, should be a good weekend.

Will look out for the newly weds!
May 2015
9:07am, 12 May 2015
70 posts
  •  
  •  
smoke free
Morning all...... slightly nervous husband to be counting down the seconds...... ☺
May 2015
11:08am, 12 May 2015
1037 posts
  •  
  •  
CumbriAndy
To Saturday or Sunday? ;)

About This Thread

Maintained by Caprica Vix (RotJ)
I haven't been able to find one of these yet, so here one is :)