Brathay Windermere Marathon - and half - and 10in10 - 2016

5 watchers
May 2016
3:33pm, 18 May 2016
1,094 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Forecast for Windermere on Sunday looks OK to me - both BBC and Metcheck suggesting about 12 degrees with light showers - Metcheck predicting slightly higher winds but nothing to get excited about.

Anything could happen between now and then though ;)

M_N (and anybody else for that matter) - if you're in the South Lakes and not excessively becidered on Saturday morning please come along to Fell Foot parkrun - everybody welcome for any easy jog on the grass beside the lake
May 2016
3:41pm, 18 May 2016
3,295 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
I think mother duck wanted to do Windermere parkrun (I believe it's closest to where we are staying), but I can put forward the suggestion!
May 2016
3:54pm, 18 May 2016
1,095 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
That'll be the same one - Fell Foot Park is about five miles south of Windermere village on the shore of Windermere lake.
May 2016
4:10pm, 18 May 2016
3,297 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
oh, hurrah :)
May 2016
11:10am, 21 May 2016
3,301 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
Enjoyed fell foot parkrun a lot- tough wee course but lovely :) unfortunately 5k felt like a very long way. Loaded up on lemsip on the way home but tomorrow could be a tough day at the office!
May 2016
9:25pm, 22 May 2016
3,628 posts
  •  
Ceratonia
Nice to say hello to CumbriAndy after today's race, but fantastic to spend a couple of minutes talking to Joss Naylor beforehand. Great of him to pose for a picture with my son and pass on a few words of advice.
May 2016
9:50am, 23 May 2016
1,096 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
C - good to say hello to you too :) Also great to say hello to Pidd (who I'd not met before) and a host of more familiar faces - who I won't list in case I miss somebody.

That was a warm one yesterday - hope everybody enjoyed themselves.

Results are available, link in the sidebar/header (Or at least there will be shortly after I've posted this if I can remember how to do it.)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by CumbriAndy
Can't find a thread for these this year so now seems as good a time as any to start one.

Who's ...

Race Website is here brathay.org.uk

Results:

Half: tdleventservices.co.uk

Full: tdleventservices.co.uk