Brass Monkey 2014

8 watchers
Dec 2013
1:05pm, 14 Dec 2013
27,016 posts
  •  
swittlebelonelythischristmas
For reference, Jon, it took me three minutes to sign up online at 1st attempt while all appeared to be carnage around me.
Dec 2013
1:11pm, 14 Dec 2013
47 posts
  •  
JonP1
By the sounds of it you were one of the rare lucky ones SBT! lol.

Looking at the entry list after initial cut off, some names were appearing 8 times! lol.

Will see how the race goes this time round but not sure If I want to put myself through the stress of the entry process next year.
Dec 2013
9:24am, 16 Dec 2013
49,487 posts
  •  
Puddington
I think that's how a lot of people feel about it now, Jon. I'll not do it again.
Dec 2013
9:49pm, 17 Dec 2013
449 posts
  •  
beebop
Won't be stressful next year *crossing fingers*. I think they may be going for a ballot... Would save me time camping on the refresh button, so I'd be happy. :-)
Dec 2013
9:51pm, 17 Dec 2013
27,044 posts
  •  
swittlebelonelythischristmas
It was the growing frustration on Fetch that tempted me into entering, JonP1 - and I was fully expecting to be timed out or some such. However, I was fortunate - or not, as I need to slot some training in now! ;)
Dec 2013
10:00pm, 17 Dec 2013
450 posts
  •  
beebop
Grr. Didn't get in...

Yippee! Happily slacking off and recovering from evil coldness virus thingy without worrying about stupid monkey business! :-)
Jan 2014
12:47pm, 16 Jan 2014
75 posts
  •  
JonP1
Well good luck everyone for Sunday! Hope the weather isnt to bad - meant to be a bit of rain by look of the forecast, hopefully wont be to bad or windy though.

Must say I am a bit peeved that we cant use mp3 players - not use to running that kind of distance without the aid of music! But then again can see why they are not allowed - if the roads aren't closed :(

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by JEB
Anyone managed to get a place yet?