•  
RunningBob
RunningBob has created a topic to discuss this race
Feb 2008
3:36pm, 14 Feb 2008
734 posts
  •  
RunningBob
I've just heard that we've got permission :).

This is a new 5k time trial race from UKTT that will be held every Saturday at 9am.
Free to enter just register at www.parkrun.com where more race details will be published soon.

Undulating traffic free course 60% tarmac, 40% graded footpath. Accurately measured and well marked. A low key local event with emphasis on fun and fitness.

No winners prizes, no t-shirt, no medal: just the for the fun of running in a beautiful park ...
... and the tea shop after.

Feb 2008
3:44pm, 14 Feb 2008
90 posts
  •  
pato1967
Bob - looks GREAT, well done on organising this. I have been to Bramhall Park a few times, is it a multi-lap event?(can't remember the park being that big) also excuse my ignorance when does a race become a time trial? are you responsible for your own timing?
I will certainly pencil some of these in
Feb 2008
3:54pm, 14 Feb 2008
735 posts
  •  
RunningBob
Yes indeed to get 5k we need 2 curvy laps. This is the route - it doesn't actually join in the middle but you'll certainly get the impression that you have covered most of the park twice.

AFAIK time trial is just a race - it is accurately measured and will be timed with results on website - but there will be an element of self service at the finish. I suppose time trial also implies that it is you against the clock rather than prizes.
Feb 2008
5:01pm, 14 Feb 2008
121 posts
  •  
Blimey, this is only a stone's throw from me, literally on my doorstep! Brill! I'll make a note of the link and keep my eye out for updates. Thanks Bob.
Feb 2008
6:11pm, 14 Feb 2008
736 posts
  •  
RunningBob
Nice one SP - I'm only about 200m from park myself.
I see loads of runners + joggers round here so hopefully they'll also be tempted.
Feb 2008
6:22pm, 14 Feb 2008
2,441 posts
  •  
DIY Diva
Just checked UKTT site. Nothing up yet. Is this Basingstoke?
Feb 2008
6:40pm, 14 Feb 2008
122 posts
  •  
Bob - I'm sure it will be very popular! I will mention it at my running club too, as there are quite a few there from the local areas.

DIY Diva - No it's in the Manchester area, near Stockport.
Feb 2008
6:49pm, 14 Feb 2008
123 posts
  •  
PS. Bob it's quite likely I'm one of those runners/joggers you've seen. I don't jog round the park much, but do some hill work up Brookdale Road. People tend to look at me as if I've lost my marbles! ;)
Feb 2008
7:35pm, 14 Feb 2008
2,442 posts
  •  
DIY Diva
Boo hoo! Will have to combine this with a trip to DiyD-moma sometime in the future.

About This Thread

Maintained by RunningBob
5k in Bramhall Park (SK7). Every Saturday 9am start. Free and fun - get yourself along!