Bournemouth Marathon Festival - 5th & 6th October 2013

11 watchers
Jun 2014
8:19pm, 1 Jun 2014
14,024 posts
  •  
Discovery Dave
Apparently you can now choose to have your result published...?
Jun 2014
8:20pm, 1 Jun 2014
6,884 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Yeah, but until they publish ALL results then its not on Power of 10 or Run Britain
Jun 2014
3:58pm, 2 Jun 2014
25 posts
  •  
Judithvr6
Update re Edinburgh..... I hope feedback of the other issues will also be taken on board for Bournemouth etc

edinburgh-marathon.com

but the text to save you opening it or if the webpage changes.... I think that applies to all other races from what it says.....

NEWS UPDATE:

We have listened and we got it wrong

Thank you for all your feedback and for telling us what is important to you. We value our runners and we now know that only publishing your results within your My Details account was the wrong decision. We thought that this was the runner’s preference to receive results exclusively, however we have been listening to your feedback and now understand and accept that this is not appropriate for you.

We have asked people to choose and you have in your thousands. As such, from now on all results will be fully available on the Full results after each race. Full and final results will continue to be submitted to relevant parties for the purposes of verification of entries to other races and for ranking systems.

We apologise for the inconvenience and stress that this has caused many of you who have been waiting to use results to update your rankings or enter other events. Thank you for bearing with us while we sorted this out, we hope that we now have this right for this year and future years. We can assure you that we will continue to listen to feedback that our runners give us.

Thank you again to our amazing runners, please keep giving us your opinions and comments as they really do help us deliver the events you want.

Neil Kilgour Race Director
Jun 2014
2:29pm, 3 Jun 2014
202 posts
  •  
Barry Cornelius
It would appear that this policy does apply to their other races. Following yesterday's decision about the Edinburgh Marathon Festival, full results of last year's Bournemouth Marathon Festival have now been released. They are available from both:

results.run-bmf.com
and:

http://www.runbritainrankings.com/results/resultslookup.aspx.

And, although originally they were only planning to release the details of the top three winners of next October's Bournemouth Marathon Festival, they have, within the last 24 hours, changed their web pages for that event to say that a full set of results will be published:

results.run-bmf.com

The organisers also run September's Scottish Half Marathon and March's Kilomathon (both held in Edinburgh) and having looked at the web pages of those events it would appear that this new policy also applies to these events.
Sep 2014
8:18pm, 1 Sep 2014
4,846 posts
  •  
Peacey
Looking for a Bournemouth half marathon entry if anyone has an entry they no longer need, they allow transfers, some idiot didn't enter on time.... (That idiot is ME by the way)
Sep 2014
9:15am, 4 Sep 2014
14,179 posts
  •  
Discovery Dave
You might want to look on this year's thread...?
Sep 2014
7:06pm, 6 Sep 2014
7,128 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
I can't find this years thread so using this one. Rather ironic as Gsi events couldn't find the accurately measured route at today's scottish half. I know about garmin Inaccuracy but have never clocked 13.4 before

One cock up too many by Gsi and I won't use them again

I really hope they get Bournemouth right.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Training for Bournemouth Marathon (6th October) which will be my first one... will anyone else be do...