Bottoms

4 watchers
Mar 2014
7:25am, 30 Mar 2014
5,547 posts
  •  
Ness
I wear shorts in the warm weather. I used to be very self conscious of the scars from my hip surgery. The surgery I had when I was a teenager was a particularly dodgy piece of sewing. Nowadays I don't worry about it.
Mar 2014
7:25am, 30 Mar 2014
5,548 posts
  •  
Ness
I wear shorts in the warm weather. I used to be very self conscious of the scars from my hip surgery. The surgery I had when I was a teenager was a particularly dodgy piece of sewing. Nowadays I don't worry about it.
Mar 2014
7:26am, 30 Mar 2014
5,549 posts
  •  
Ness
Oops submitted twice by mistake. Sorry.
Mar 2014
8:33am, 30 Mar 2014
17,250 posts
  •  
HellsBells
I know I need to be a bit less self conscious - maybe finding a pair that actually fit would be a good start!
It's not so much the size and shape of my legs above the knee that worries me ( though I'm not exactly Twiggy) it's more the blinding whiteness - maybe I should sleb up and get some fake tan
Mar 2014
8:41am, 30 Mar 2014
5,245 posts
  •  
Pestomum
[we're caucasian so that's the colour your legs are supposed to be :-) ;-) ]

I've got a lovely couple of running skirts with shorts attached, so not quite skirts. I realised yesterday that it's time to find summer running gear. I also have a very nice knee length running skirt from an orthodox jewish website that's fun to run in. But maybe not quite your style :-)

And honestly? No one cares what you look like nearly as much as you do, they're just impressed you're running :-)
Mar 2014
8:42am, 30 Mar 2014
5,246 posts
  •  
Pestomum
Oh and. You and I are very different shapes :-P heart moon
Mar 2014
8:42am, 30 Mar 2014
645 posts
  •  
Jubear
That moisturiser with tanning stuff in it does a good job of taking the glare off my milk-white thighs in early spring, then a couple of sunny runs in shorts takes over the colouring-in business. Said moisturiser doesn't stop my thighs moving independently of the rest of me, but I figure I don't have to look at it ;-)
Mar 2014
9:16am, 30 Mar 2014
2,595 posts
  •  
Carpathius
What about men's shorts? They tend to be longer (well, some of them anyway, some are basically just pants). I hate wearing shorts, corned beef and orange peel thunder thighs aside, I get a lot of chafage but it's so much easier running in shorts when it's hot. Just go for it.
Mar 2014
9:26am, 30 Mar 2014
17,251 posts
  •  
HellsBells
I feel a shopping trip coming on :-)
Mar 2014
9:40am, 30 Mar 2014
29,329 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
A shopping trip is where it's at. Try on lots. Spend whatever it costs to buy shorts that you're happy with. And yes, fake tan if it makes you feel happier about getting your legs out :)

About This Thread

Maintained by HellsBells
Ladies of a certain age and size. What do wear on your bottom half running in the summer?
I've bee...