BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter
bottom of shin/ankle pain
10:57pm, 3 Aug 2011
richmac (40 in 40)Since the 'heavy' running weekend of the thunder run the bit at the bottom of my left shin or top of the ankle if you like hurts if I lift my foot up and doing stuff like going down steps. There is no swelling or bruises evident. Tried self massage and rollers no joy. elevation & ice seem to make it worse, so I'm trying to keep it warm!
Anyone else had this, know what its called & what fixed it? Or should I hop of to GP?
11:11pm, 3 Aug 2011
flankersounds like basic inflammation of either the ankle joint or muscles up the shin. Not surprising after a big step up in mileage. MICE & heat, and generally allow it time to recover.
About This Thread
Maintained by richmac
- Costochondritis - chest cartlage pain
- Falling Over Watch - have you got falling over?
- Plantar Fasciitis??
- Knee pain - advice please
- Achilles pain
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Pain in the bum
- Advice from medical people wanted on bike fall arm injury
- Elbow pain...tennis elbow? (Haven't played it for thirty years)