Bottle belt for slim people

7 watchers
Mar 2012
3:48pm, 23 Mar 2012
12,647 posts
  •  
hellen
I used my raidlight one like that for ashby 20. It was perfect as the pocket at the back was big enough to squirrel away the gels they were giving out and the bottle meant I had enough water which I supplemented with a couple of there bottles. Best to have free hands for opening gels etc. Its a real pain carrying a bottle and trying to get into gels especially in the winter when hands are cold and you have to try and keep hold of gloves as well!
Apr 2012
7:15pm, 2 Apr 2012
1,520 posts
  •  
Garfield
The Salomon XA20 arrived and so far I like it...I've loaded it with lots of bits and it doesn't seem to move around laterally when semi-loaded so far. I'll put a it more in it tomorrow and test it out. If I like it, I'll keep it...if not, I have 27 days to decide whether I keep it...
Apr 2012
8:13pm, 2 Apr 2012
12,782 posts
  •  
hellen
Glad it's looking positive so far. I love mine
Apr 2012
8:18pm, 2 Apr 2012
7,476 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
Getting on better with my Raidlight :) Was great over the 37 miles I did on Saturday.
Apr 2012
8:46pm, 2 Apr 2012
1,869 posts
  •  
clare1976
i used my raidlight (single bottle 45°) on my lsr in sat and was fine, much better than the handheld nathan thing i was using which gave me arm and shoulder ache on the side i was holding it. my lower back felt very slightly tender to press after the run where it prob pressed in a bit, but nothing significant.
Apr 2012
9:32pm, 2 Apr 2012
1,521 posts
  •  
Garfield
Interesting...I've never been able to use a handheld bottle. Even the thought of it annoys me...but that's just me.
Apr 2012
9:37pm, 2 Apr 2012
1,870 posts
  •  
clare1976
I used the handheld one for the last few years and until the last month or 2, hadn't been aware of any problems. It kind of had a loop / strap so I didn't have to grip it tightly and I just got used to it. But after the shoulder pain I started looking into waist packs and found this thread. Running handsfree was great and something I hadn't realised would be such a novelty on a LSR!!
Apr 2012
10:13pm, 2 Apr 2012
12,787 posts
  •  
hellen
I much prefer hands free running that's why I like that raidlight bottle thing

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by hellen
just bought this

racekit.co.uk

Which I ...