Boston Marathon (UK) 2017

7 watchers
Apr 2017
9:33pm, 17 Apr 2017
3,950 posts
  •  
minardi
I was running with one lady, sometimes two, sometimes I was billynomates :-)
Apr 2017
9:39pm, 17 Apr 2017
969 posts
  •  
Uyuni
Had a great day and our club came top in both the mens and womens races - not alas with me scoring :-)

Big PB though, and a suntan, plus an education in modern agricultural techniques and machinery. Bar the mile markers which were all over the place it was a brilliantly organised event, marshalls and water stations especially
Apr 2017
9:25am, 18 Apr 2017
3,951 posts
  •  
minardi
Congrats on the peebee Uyuni star. I agree with the mile markers - and sometimes they got the half and the full the wrong way round! But I was grateful that the muck spreader had a tea break until everyone had gone past!
FML
Apr 2017
2:55pm, 18 Apr 2017
10,943 posts
  •  
FML
Decided the mile markers were the nearest telegraph post to it, which could mean quite a difference. Countryside living for you!
Apr 2017
5:28pm, 24 Apr 2017
399 posts
  •  
AndyJ82
I enjoyed the half.

Queue for loos was annoying at the start and if anyone else needed paper in the one I used. Sorry I took the last bit.

Apart from that a good day out. Shame I couldn't have done the full but hitting the half way mark at my house would have seen me walking in and putting feet up.

Thought the t shirt was average and would have appreciated a piece of fruit or something at the finish for the money.

But nit picking here really as I did enjoy it and thought it was well marshalled etc.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by colindglen
Who's in for next year or are we all waiting to see if we get a VLM ballot slot?

http://www.bost...