Boston Marathon 2016 (UK Edition)

1 lurker | 7 watchers
Apr 2016
5:44pm, 17 Apr 2016
26 posts
  •  
Pipes
Wow - you smashed your PB, FML - congratulations!! :-)
Apr 2016
6:17pm, 17 Apr 2016
196 posts
  •  
colindglen
Yes it was a pb. Hadn't really thought about that yet :-)
Apr 2016
8:27pm, 17 Apr 2016
879 posts
  •  
jabberknit
Well done all. I win slowest Fetch finisher, I think, just scraped in under 6 hours, but not too disappointed as getting over a dodgy quad problem. Everything else was hurting but the quad was fine! Hope I didn't startle you too much when I shouted out as we passed, Minardi!

What a flat marathon. And what a lot of brassicas there are in large fields in Lincolnshire. Can't honestly say it was anything other than dull, and pretty lonely for those of us plodders at the back. Marshals were brilliant as they so often are. Bit disappointed with the race bling (particularly as OH did the Lincoln 10k and came back with all sorts of impressive goodies).
Apr 2016
8:54pm, 17 Apr 2016
17,194 posts
  •  
DeeGee

Such fun. A lesson from me in how not to pace, though.
Apr 2016
9:41pm, 17 Apr 2016
27 posts
  •  
Pipes
Well done on your run, jabberknit, and glad the quad behaved. Yes, I can't believe how flat it was! Shame I don't have the course profile as my Garmin wasn't working. I can imagine it'd get very windy on that course - we were lucky today.

What was the pacing issue, DeeGee?
Apr 2016
10:09pm, 17 Apr 2016
880 posts
  •  
jabberknit
Thanks, Pipes, well done to you too! My face and neck seem to have picked up a bit of sunburn. strava says Elevation: 0 ft, which I can well believe.
Apr 2016
10:13pm, 17 Apr 2016
28 posts
  •  
Pipes
Yes, I've only just noticed my sunburn as well!!
Surely there was a teeny bit of incline - not even at about 24 miles?!
Apr 2016
10:38pm, 17 Apr 2016
17,195 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Pacing issue? First half in 1:52. Finish in 4:33. I'll let you do the math ;-)
Apr 2016
3:42pm, 18 Apr 2016
882 posts
  •  
jabberknit
I liked the woman marshal at a bridge towards the end, who was inordinately proud of her little hill up on to the bridge. I was having difficulty spotting it, and she said I must be one of those people who come from places that have actual hills!
Apr 2016
8:52am, 19 Apr 2016
3,470 posts
  •  
minardi
I've blogged my race report so won't repeat it here but I did enjoy seeing so many faces that I knew in and around the course (and meeting new ones *waves to jabberknit & colindglen*).
What does everyone think about the email this morning re next year's date? I've begged him to have a change of mind - Easter is a time for visiting families not being selfish and running a marathon.

About This Thread

Maintained by minardi
It appears that the UK (& Lincolnshire in particular) is getting its very own Boston Marathon - www....