Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Book Group: Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - discussion thread

7 watchers
Jun 2015
6:49pm, 15 Jun 2015
12666 posts
Yorkshire Pie
I had never read it before. Crime isn't really my thing and it reminded me too much of work (not in a plot sense, but we acted for the UK publisher on some book related stuff). But as I'm currently in Stockholm (just off gotgaten as it happens) I felt like it was a good opportunity.

Crime still isn't my thing ;) I enjoyed it more than I expected but a lot of what I enjoyed was cross referencing places go my map and the cultural stuff rather than the writing.

I was rather more willing to pick it up than I was with beloved though, and the plot drew you along nicely.
Jun 2015
10:37pm, 15 Jun 2015
6802 posts
Columba
I know next to nothing about the geography of Sweden, and could have done with a map.
Jun 2015
3:29pm, 16 Jun 2015
12667 posts
Yorkshire Pie
It did help, as did getting a feel for what different parts of town are like. Also there was one reference to where he used to run in stockholm which was a valuable tip ;) (didn't end up running in the end but we cycled along there this morning).
Jun 2015
9:00pm, 21 Jun 2015
619 posts
westmoors
I enjoyed reading this but won't be bothering with the other books in the series. I guessed what had happened to...I can't remember her name now...very early on which disappointed me a bit.
Jun 2015
10:37pm, 21 Jun 2015
6875 posts
Columba
I didn't guess it... But also couldn't persuade myself to care very much.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by McGoohan
This is the discussion thread for GWTDT! By Steig Larsson.

I've stuck it under 'Friday' in th...

Close