BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter
Book Group - Three Men In A Boat discussion thread
7:52pm, 7 Feb 2016
McGoohanAnother thing that was amusingly modern was his diatribe about ropes which left for a few minutes will tie themselves in knots and how you can straighten out a series of them in a field and come back later and find they have all got tangled round each other. I have seen the same comedy material done by observation comedians about e.g. headphone cables.
9:31pm, 9 Oct 2017
SerendippilyI read this years ago and remember thinking it was quite wodehousian. I unashamedly enjoyed the medical dictionary passage at the start where he becomes offended at not getting house maids knee.
8:45am, 16 Jun 2020
Wriggling SnakeI think I might read this.
About This Thread
Maintained by McGoohan
- Book Group
- Olive Kitteridge - July 2021 Book Group discussion thread
- The Line of Beauty - March 2021 Book Group Discussion thread
- Homegoing - April 2021 Book Group Discussion Thread
- On the Black Hill - Feb 2021 Book Group discussion thread
- HHhH - Nov 2020 Book Group discussion thread
- Kindred by Octavia E Butler - Book Group Choice for Jan 2021 - discussion thread
- Book Group - Christy Malry's Own Double Entry
- A Single Thread - August 2020 Book Group discussion ...er... thread
- A Christmas Party - Dec 2020 Book Group discussion thread