Bob Graham Round

128 watchers
Sep 2022
7:50am, 26 Sep 2022
3,509 posts
  •  
flyingfinn
Yes, particularly as it was a solo supported effort with just a drop bag at Loch Treig.
Sep 2022
9:49am, 26 Sep 2022
9,149 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
That's impressive
Sep 2022
9:54am, 26 Sep 2022
1,768 posts
  •  
paulcook
He's getting quite an impressive all-round resume.
Oct 2022
6:38pm, 3 Oct 2022
4,180 posts
  •  
phal
Just wanted to congratulate Simon F on his excellent response to the latest chap after a ‘fresh adventure’ over on the BG Facebook group. Thought it was a perfect response.

Faults on the GPX file 🤪 Fancying a crack at the record?

What a numpty. It’d have been marginally better if he’d not felt the need to put his own photo under the post. I wonder if the one person on each leg is himself? 😉

Might point out that he can get a map with the route on….. 😉
Oct 2022
7:18pm, 3 Oct 2022
9,161 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
It was a perfect response. I felt like posting that it really helps to mention the fact that you've supported others and put you pennies in the BG bank when appeal for help, but I daresay it would have been wasted effort.
Oct 2022
7:19pm, 3 Oct 2022
4,181 posts
  •  
phal
I doubt he has any concept or understanding NE.
Oct 2022
7:37pm, 3 Oct 2022
26,647 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Now I want to join the group just to see what you’re talking about :)
Oct 2022
10:26pm, 3 Oct 2022
20,726 posts
  •  
flanker
"I doubt he has any concept or understanding"

his reply sort of sums it up

" I haven't got the time to do route recces etc, I wish I did. I'm in it for the adventure and every turn is going to be new...probably sounds daft I understand but every run I've done I've seen it the same. Keeps it exciting. But I am always up for supporting people if they need it"
Oct 2022
10:30pm, 3 Oct 2022
3,518 posts
  •  
flyingfinn
It's the same bloke who posted on the Fell Running fb page about 10 days ago. If it's taken him this long to navigate to the right fb page I don't hold out much hope for him finding his way across Martcrag Moor in its current moist state! 😉🤣
Oct 2022
9:01am, 4 Oct 2022
328 posts
  •  
SimonF
Well, I was trying to gently give him the idea that the route is something he needs to think about not blindly follow a GPX (not sure how that'd work on the rockier sections anyway) and I wasn't trying to put him off at all. However he's now deleted his post as some other people were less subtle than me on their opinions about his approach.

He was aiming for sub 18 hours which would be very impressive for someone who doesn't know the route, has minimal support and who is going when the daylight has starting rapidly disappearing. His 3am start would probably put him on leg 4 in the dark.

About This Thread

Maintained by Dave A