Bob Graham Round

128 watchers
Dec 2021
10:38am, 12 Dec 2021
2,970 posts
  •  
flyingfinn
Zp mid winter is from the weekend before the shortest day until the first period of decent weather after the shortest day but no later than 10th of Jan. So maximum period is 3 weeks but may well be less.
zp
Dec 2021
10:48am, 12 Dec 2021
633 posts
  •  
zp
Lovely, thanks. Not much daylight to be running in, then, don't envy him! Definitely be some achievement if he can manage it, one to watch for sure.
Dec 2021
7:49pm, 12 Dec 2021
2,971 posts
  •  
flyingfinn
It will be interesting to see how he approaches it. For me you have to do the Ramsay first because it's the hardest, particularly in winter but it's also the one where the 'mid-winter' definition is likely to last the longest there by giving you the biggest window....
Dec 2021
8:06pm, 12 Dec 2021
212 posts
  •  
paulcook
Has anyone even done a winter Ramsay Round in 24 hours (Jim Mann maybe) never mind solo, unsupported that John is aiming at?
Dec 2021
8:46pm, 12 Dec 2021
2,972 posts
  •  
flyingfinn
There have been 4 AFAIK. Jon Gay, Donnie Campbell, Jim Mann and Graham Nash with Jim's the fastest. Graham has incidentally got 6 completions of the round to his name I think including the winter one.
Dec 2021
8:50pm, 12 Dec 2021
4,809 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Scroll down to the section Winter Attempts for details of what ff says ramsaysround.co.uk
Dec 2021
8:56pm, 12 Dec 2021
214 posts
  •  
paulcook
Six is bloody impressive given how rare it is at all to do.
Dec 2021
12:55pm, 18 Dec 2021
3,860 posts
  •  
phal-la la la laaa la la la laaaaa
John Kelly goes on his Paddy tomorrow morning at 7am
Dec 2021
4:28pm, 18 Dec 2021
3,861 posts
  •  
Tracking link in here somewhere:

Tomorrow at 7 AM UK time I'll be setting off on what will hopefully be my 1st of 3 solo mid winter adventures. I'll be doing the Paddy Buckley Round clockwise starting at Capel Curig. @russell_runner was planning a go at around the same time, so we decided to set off at the same time in opposite directions. Tracking link: https://live.opentracking.co.uk/jkvsrb21/.

We have slightly different goals, but are excited to share what should be a beautiful day out in Snowdonia. Russell is an incredible runner who probably knows this round well enough to do it blind folded, and I'm eager to see what he can do, hopefully with a bit of extra motivation knowing someone else is out there. I'm also excited to know that if I get stuck in a bog on my first half (which is where all the bogs are) that he'll eventually be around to pull me out.

Both of our rounds are solo and unsupported, so if you do happen to be in the area please don't intentionally meet us anywhere other than the finish. The only way to support (and a much appreciated one!) would be to send a donation to Action Medical Research through the link on the info tab of the tracker page. A huge thank you goes to Russell for helping support this cause.
Dec 2021
4:29pm, 18 Dec 2021
3,862 posts
  •  
live.opentracking.co.uk

Try again. Pesky full stop 🙄

About This Thread

Maintained by Dave A