Blured eye sight

1 watcher
Jan 2013
2:34pm, 5 Jan 2013
7,622 posts
  •  
pinkladykat
For a few weeks when out running after about ten min my eyesight goes blured it's like I'm out of focuse , I can see but but can't make letters out on signs can't make face out , I drink 2 litters of wateer and have more water if working out . Going to call Monday to see if I can get into the doctors but just wounder what it is will use my heart rate monitor next time I go out. .
Jan 2013
2:39pm, 5 Jan 2013
12 posts
  •  
donaldo
I get this now and again - getting large blind spots. I dont know why but I've always put it down to low blood sugar, but I am not a medical person and that's probably a load of rubbish! Hope you get it sorted! :)
Jan 2013
2:41pm, 5 Jan 2013
472 posts
  •  
Cyclops
I've just googled this one (I'm interested in eyes as I used to have an interesting eye myself until it gave up completely and they took it out - my plastic eye is very boring). Could be dehydration or low blood sugar but could also be caused by pigment from the iris being dislodged which could eventually lead to glaucoma. Certainly worth talking to an eye person about.

Everyone should get checked for glaucoma if over 40 anyway.
Jan 2013
2:51pm, 5 Jan 2013
7,623 posts
  •  
pinkladykat
I'm only 42 I'm not old yet. Lol but was thinking the same low sugar scary can't get sick have a marathon to do
Jan 2013
3:13pm, 5 Jan 2013
7,624 posts
  •  
pinkladykat
Have to skewing to see
Jan 2013
6:19pm, 5 Jan 2013
7,625 posts
  •  
pinkladykat
Been googling not worth it never google so why did I lol
Jan 2013
6:31pm, 5 Jan 2013
14,586 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
OK, so blurred vision is a symptom of everything from athlete's foot to impending death total body cancer. Googling it will just terrify you.
Unless there is any pain, then there is no emergency, and probably nothing too serious.

Common things being common it is probably just a refractory problem- you need glasses- and yes, it can come and go, its always worse when you are tired etc.

Having said that, go and get it checked out. GP and/or optician. You cant tell much about someones eyes without looking at them, so nobody on the internet is really going to be able to help.
Ted
Jan 2013
6:51pm, 5 Jan 2013
12,414 posts
  •  
Ted
Hurrah, Brains has spoken.

On a srs note PLK, he does know his stuff. This is about the best advice you will get on here.
Jan 2013
9:13am, 6 Jan 2013
7,626 posts
  •  
pinkladykat
Hopping to get into the doctors on Monday lol army doctors that is and most the time I need to know about 8 weeks ahead of time that I will need to see them , I will ask when the eye doctor is back in as they only come every few months if I can see him , or might onmonday try my best German and go to town for a eye test .

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by pinkladykat
For a few weeks when out running after about ten min my eyesight goes blured it's like I'm out of...