Bloomin' garmin

5 watchers
Dec 2022
12:36pm, 15 Dec 2022
15,847 posts
  •  
Badger
Going from memory, is there a way to go into the watch's settings and tell it to behave as a mass storage device when connected to a PC? If you do that, it will then behave like a usb stick when you connect it to a pc with its cable. You can then get the fit files off manually.

Doesn't work on the 910xt generation, it was all about the ANT stick then, the cable charges and that's it, it only has two contacts.

ANT sticks are tricky with current software & Windows drivers. I have a couple and was using them to pull some data off a Tempe temperature sensor to help somebody troubleshoot issues with theirs. Four hours on my laptop and I could not get the software to talk to either of them. Ten minutes on a desktop and it worked like a charm. This isn't the Express software, but it would be the same drivers.
Dec 2022
3:56pm, 15 Dec 2022
15 posts
  •  
Runningbear21
Haha, I have manually typed up all the activities for this year into a spreadsheet…IIRC Fetch can import them.

Really, I will have a look into that
Dec 2022
3:43pm, 16 Dec 2022
16 posts
  •  
Runningbear21
Woohoo, I went old school, typed up all my activity this year into a spreadsheet and have uploaded it to Fetch. It did happen cos it's on here :)
Dec 2022
4:18pm, 16 Dec 2022
38,599 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
excellent
Dec 2022
5:16pm, 16 Dec 2022
2,426 posts
  •  
Nord SledRunner 🛷
Super, Runningbauble21! Now, if you're a neat feak like me, you have to edit them from Running-General to what you actually did 😈
Dec 2022
5:44pm, 16 Dec 2022
6,221 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Well done! Sometimes the old ways are the best. :-)
SPR
Dec 2022
9:23am, 18 Dec 2022
39,272 posts
  •  
SPR
Pretty import allows categories as well IIRC.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Runningbauble21
I have a garmin 910XT which I've had for years and never downloaded the data off it. I think I used it for about a year before quitting all activity for about 6 years. Having returned to running and started using the thing again I thought it would be good to get the data off it and review what I used to be able to do lol.

Not so easy. It started out so well, got myself a shiny new Garmin account, plugged in the Ant device which was still sealed in its little bag, the software loaded a...