•  
Yorkshire Pie
Glad that's sorted.
May 2012
11:41am, 16 May 2012
2,860 posts
  •  
paul the builder
Sterling work on sorting that stuff Fetch, at crisis-o'clock too. Hopefully nobody is under the impression that you're on a cushy number running a website. I'm sure Katie isn't...

I have a question about the new blog pages - I quite liked being able to see the *time* of writing, as well as the date. Sometimes because the writer referred to something about their "rest of today" or whatever, and it added context. And sometimes because blogs can follow on from other blogs, or posts on the forum, and understanding the sequence helped make sense of them. Can you find a place for the time of posting somewhere?

And like others - I would rather "see all comments" by default, than not. I guess it's more work for the IT hamsters (I assume it's all powered by hamsters?) and maybe that's why you've got it this way round. But I'd guess most blog views also open the comments too, so maybe it doesn't save them and their little legs as much as you'd hoped?
May 2012
12:04pm, 16 May 2012
556 posts
  •  
ThorntonRunner
Second Paul's comment - sterling work Fetch:).
Agree re time as well as date
Not fussed re comments - compromise (but probably more coding work) see all comments on latest blog, but hide on previous
May 2012
12:31pm, 16 May 2012
1,969 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Yeah I prefer seeing comments by default too. And agree about time of writing.

I do now find the featured blogs thing a bit too huge and invasive.
May 2012
1:12pm, 16 May 2012
2,498 posts
  •  
sprouty76
When you get a notification saying there's a comment for one of your posts and you click on it, it should probably automatically show the comments for that post.
May 2012
6:23pm, 16 May 2012
5,906 posts
  •  
Diogenes
Help. Under the new layout I can't see a way to delete the really boring blog I wrote earlier. I'msure there used to be a trash can icon. It may just be me.and by tiny android screen rendering that is stopping me seein it
May 2012
8:41pm, 16 May 2012
2,502 posts
  •  
sprouty76
Click on "Edit entry". Then in the edit page, there should be a link at the bottom to delete it.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/blogs.php

It's not the live version yet, just a work in progress - ...