Black Friday sale on Amazon

4 watchers
Nov 2012
3:23pm, 20 Nov 2012
10,067 posts
  •  
controversial
and remember amazon are virtually paying no tax in this country, so anything you buy from them ... you are hurting UK!
Nov 2012
10:39am, 21 Nov 2012
3,092 posts
  •  
Tav H
That goes for quite a few businesses. Starbucks are another offender, though more offensive is their mis-selling of an evil bitter liquid as coffee.
Nov 2012
10:49am, 21 Nov 2012
3,846 posts
  •  
AngusClydesdale
I don't think I should be denied a bargain just because the government can't sort out the tax regime. VAT's included so it's not like I'm deliberately avoiding tax (unlike a whole bunch of others - stand up Mr J Carr of TV land, one amongst many scoundrels and MPs).
Nov 2012
10:56am, 21 Nov 2012
2,432 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
I used to order from Play.com, knowing their cheap prices were a result of them being based in the Channel Islands. I pay enough in tax as it is, I'm not going to buy from somewhere more expensive unless I have to.
Nov 2012
11:46am, 21 Nov 2012
16,225 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
I think the big players should pay their fair share of tax.

I'm boycotting Amazon and Starbucks as my own little "two fingers" gesture to them.

As long as we support these people with our wallets we give them a positive incentive to behave immorally and suck the life out of our country.

They can FRO if they don't like it here.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Roma
Just bought some New Balance trainers on Amazon - on sale and an extra 20% off for Black Friday - ya...