Bkram Yoga

7 watchers
Nov 2012
4:00pm, 11 Nov 2012
3,525 posts
  •  
Kieren
I'm at that annoying point, coming back from injury where I can run a little bit - that is much more annoying than not being able to run at all. I've started a month deal of Bikram yoga to give me something else to do and increase my flexibility.

The intriductory month "deal" seems to be offered by a lot of other stodios - has anyone else done Bikram? What are your thoughts? Did you notice any benefits after a month?
Nov 2012
1:31pm, 12 Nov 2012
3,205 posts
  •  
Mr. K.
I have done yoga for a while but invited to go to a local bikram class....... but 90 mins @ 40C !!!!

bikramyogafleet.co.uk
Nov 2012
7:37pm, 12 Nov 2012
3,528 posts
  •  
Kieren
Did you go?

I was quite twitchy at my last session - I think lack of sodium so I've just had some salt water before my next class tonight. Not very nice at all but I didn't have any other electrolight mixers.
Nov 2012
7:42pm, 12 Nov 2012
3,025 posts
  •  
Cuddy
Kieren, are you doing it as the 30 day challenge? As in 90 minutes every day for 30 days?
Nov 2012
10:51pm, 12 Nov 2012
3,529 posts
  •  
Kieren
No. I'd like to try that but I can't make it every day. I'm a 30 day deal and am trying to go at least 3 times a week.

I started Wednesday and have been 4 times so far. I think 5x a week is reachable. A girl fainted today - it seemed super hot.
Nov 2012
11:14pm, 12 Nov 2012
16,804 posts
  •  
KinkyS
There are better (safer, more effective!) forms of yoga than Bikram IMHO.
Nov 2012
11:25pm, 12 Nov 2012
3,530 posts
  •  
Kieren
Please elaborate Kinky :)

(I kind of agree but I have only done 4 Bikram Classes so don't feel like I am of an informed opinion) I like ashtanga although with more a focus towards the strength and stretching than any breathing / meditation. I'm subscribed to Kino McGregor on YouTube and I like the stuff she does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr00Obfuhes&feature=plcp
Nov 2012
11:31am, 13 Nov 2012
7 posts
  •  
miss-sunshine
Hi Kieren - I started Bikram back in 2009 after I broke my arm falling from my bike and I had to build the strength back up again. It's has helped a lot with my running and when I've not been able to run I've been to a few extra classes and always back on track a few days later.... although the past year I haven't been as regularly as I would like just due to the cost and moving away but I love it and highly recommend you stick with it. Which one do you go to? Sohot near Warren Street? I found that Nuun tablets in my water helps, as did an energy gel (or three) when I first started but after 3-4 weeks the body gets use to it.
Nov 2012
4:27pm, 13 Nov 2012
3,531 posts
  •  
Kieren
Further out - Chiswick.

I'll be there for 3 more weeks but doubt I'll stay after that - it's just far too expensive.
Nov 2012
6:18pm, 14 Nov 2012
16,805 posts
  •  
KinkyS
Will elaborate as soon as I get enough time to construct a proper answer rather than a single sentence :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by Kieren
I'm at that annoying point, coming back from injury where I can run a little bit - that is much mor...