Birmingham International Marathon OR Amsterdam Marathon

1 watcher
May 2017
8:31pm, 1 May 2017
108 posts
  •  
wrxmania
Hi all,

Did the VM London Marathon last Sunday, which was fabulous, and worked well for pacing, time etc.

Looking to do another later Autumn marathon and I only have one weekend where I am not working or already elsewhere (1st October flying to Cardiff for the Half there). The weekend I have free is the weekend with Sunday 15th October in it.

There are several marathons that weekend all over Europe but looking top for logistics/travel/flights/start & finish location to airport etc are Birmingham OR Amsterdam. I'd drive to Birmingham and back (from Central Scotland) but fly from Edinburgh for Amsterdam. Plan is to leave Thursday evening and need to return on the Sunday evening for work on the Monday.

Any thoughts, especially on the logistics of Amsterdam (I know Birmingham is a new event and know Birmingham is not as easy to get around as London)? There is also the Leicester marathon and various others (Budapest etc).

Any thoughts appreciated.

Brian.
May 2017
11:40pm, 1 May 2017
112 posts
  •  
wrxmania
Anyone got any thoughts on either event?
May 2017
10:30am, 2 May 2017
23 posts
  •  
parkrunPercy
loved Amsterdam Marathon in 2016

- would recommend it
May 2017
10:18pm, 7 May 2017
113 posts
  •  
wrxmania
Thanks.

I am now entered for the TCS Amsterdam marathon, flights and hotel booked etc.

Anyone else done Amsterdam?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by wrxmania
Hi all,

Did the VM London Marathon last Sunday, which was fabulous, and worked well for pacing, t...