Birmingham Black Country Half Marathon

12 watchers
Jul 2012
9:34pm, 7 Jul 2012
3,966 posts
  •  
becca7
I didn't get a canvas bag either - I guess that they must have had some left over from last year that the quick people got as goody bags. I found this race much tougher this year as well.
Jul 2012
3:03pm, 8 Jul 2012
59 posts
  •  
JimM
That was bloody hard this year. I must've added a mile zig-zagging puddles and my right foot hurts from the multiple jumping and landing. I still managed to enjoy it even though my time was slower than I hoped, but then again the conditions were far from perfect. I hope everyone had a good one. The Pitcher and Piano seemed quiet although I was on the canal level for my energy drinks (Cider).
Jul 2012
8:09pm, 8 Jul 2012
109 posts
  •  
Jogging Jo
This was my second half and I loved it. Decided not to aim for a PB due to mud (and lack of training) and this took the pressure off, so slowed down ran all the way and just enjoyed, although i did zig zag most of the puddles. Great friendly marshalls. happy with the goody bag, the crisps soon disappeared, hubby nicked a gel for bike ride today. Not aching at all today and enjoyed the few hours of sunshine.
Nov 2012
10:41pm, 18 Nov 2012
326 posts
  •  
ChrisMc
Anyone know the date for the next one, it will be my fifth running of this event, just love it !
Nov 2012
7:17am, 19 Nov 2012
20,796 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
I very much doubt that I shall do it next year, I feel very disappointed that I STILL have not received my category prize from July! :-(
Nov 2012
1:28pm, 20 Nov 2012
327 posts
  •  
ChrisMc
Nooo...Mrs Jigs, no prize !

Are you doing the centurion GP again, I am possibly going to do the Feb (MMAC) and the March (O45) ones and marshaling the rest.
Nov 2012
5:28pm, 20 Nov 2012
20,799 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
oh, I must look out for the dates for the series, I didn't get to do any this year.
Apr 2013
5:09pm, 7 Apr 2013
5,169 posts
  •  
Ness
I've just searched for this thread because I ran this race 2 years ago and couldn't remember if I ran it in trail shoes or road shoes. Looks like it was road shoes.

Am having a second go in July. This time without Mr Ness.

Anyone else going to be running this?

:)
Apr 2013
5:33pm, 7 Apr 2013
20,925 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
Sadly I won't be running it this year Ness, and probably never again I hadn't received my prize by end of November, and when I asked about it they said it had been sent a couple if days before end of November, it never arrived so I believe they lied to me, :(

Road shoes are fine, enjoy the run :)
Apr 2013
5:48pm, 7 Apr 2013
5,170 posts
  •  
Ness
That is such a shame about the prize, Mrs Jigs. You ran so well and deserved that. :(

I'm not in contention for a prize am looking forward to the race. Just need to sort out the logistics of getting there by train. Mr Ness is going to pick me up in Brum when I've finished. Plenty of time to sort that out though.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Just entered this for my 2nd year. Hopefully the weather will be just as nice on the day, the swans...