Birmingham Black Country Half Marathon

12 watchers
Apr 2011
1:10pm, 12 Apr 2011
29 posts
  •  
JimM
Just entered this for my 2nd year. Hopefully the weather will be just as nice on the day, the swans aren't in an angry mood and the guy waiting at the far end of the Cosely tunnel on his bike for a 1000 runners to pass does not get too pissed off.

I love this race. Really chilled atmosphere and the floating drinks stations on the canal are great. Hopefully the barges are in place again this year. If anyone fancies a pint in the Pitcher and Piano afterwards please let me know. Hopefully we get the discount again this year!!! ;-)
Apr 2011
5:30pm, 14 Apr 2011
25 posts
  •  
sibentley
Was thinking about entering this year - I think I ran it in 2008 and agree it's a great race - relaxed and unusual, although I don't much like that tunnel! I also remember some blokes on the opposite side of the canal fishing and drinking beer at some ridiculous hour in the morning....I also remember thinking what a how I really wanted a beer at that exact moment, but managed to resist the temptation to wade across the canal and ask!
Apr 2011
5:33pm, 14 Apr 2011
2,859 posts
  •  
becca7
I'm running this again this year. I agree that it is a nice one and the tunnel seemed to have better lighting last year than the year before.
Apr 2011
5:39pm, 14 Apr 2011
7,054 posts
  •  
barking
Always fancied this one
Apr 2011
5:54pm, 14 Apr 2011
1,522 posts
  •  
ndellar
Will be my 4th time in a row, it is a great little race. Deceptively hard course even though it is "flat"
Apr 2011
6:40pm, 14 Apr 2011
2,870 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
I'm entered - I've not run along a canal before. I'm looking forward to it - and the medal ;-)
Apr 2011
2:37am, 17 Apr 2011
5 posts
  •  
Anti-Social
I'm entered too... and worried. only re-started running recently and so far longest run is only five and a half ish, hadn’t been taking it seriously enough TBH... need to get my act together.

I'm not too bothered by time though put two hours down (at this point 2:30 is probably more likely). I was thinking of carrying on after the finish and running home - extra 5 miles without seeing a road apart from the last 10 foot! but this depends on how the training goes....
Apr 2011
7:27pm, 17 Apr 2011
First-time poster!!
  •  
Hardiman
Just enetered this one. Heard good things abouit it and should be something different running the whole race along the cut!!!!!

The thought of a pint at the end should spur me on!!

See you there.
Apr 2011
8:54pm, 18 Apr 2011
4,673 posts
  •  
Ness
Nice 'first post', Hardiman... :)

I'm running this race for the first time. Looking forward to it. I'm not sure how I'll get on cos of my injury this year but I'll have run the Sheffield Half in May so that'll give me an idea of how I might do.
Apr 2011
8:59pm, 18 Apr 2011
11 posts
  •  
Mary Brite
Oh go on then you've talked me into it. :D

About This Thread

Maintained by
Just entered this for my 2nd year. Hopefully the weather will be just as nice on the day, the swans...