Biomechanical Assessment

0 watcher
May 2013
12:25pm, 17 May 2013
837 posts
  •  
SuperDave
After years of on/off injuries i'm pretty certain i'm going to arrange a Biomechanical Assessment probably with Clifton Bradeley at Sub-4 although I am also considering StrideUK in Brighton. I'm in the midlands so Brighton is a bit of a drive though!

I'd be interested to hear if you have ever had such an assessment and did it fix your problems. Who did you use, would you recommend them etc etc. We're not talking a quick jog on a treadmill at your local running shop, but a full allover head to toe video analysis of movement and posture. They seem very expensive but i've probably spent lots more in the last 2 years alone on physio's.

Cheers, i'd be interested to hear your experiences.
May 2013
6:46pm, 17 May 2013
325 posts
  •  
Craig_
Hi Dave, I came across this the other day - not sure how good or relevant it is but maybe worth a look before splashing the cash - they do a 10-Day free trial. Also, there are loads of videos of youtube looking at different aspects of the Biomechanical Assessment - maybe if you have a video camera you could do a self-assessment first in case it throws up something relatively simple or obvious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkHz8ig7qrE
May 2013
7:11pm, 17 May 2013
838 posts
  •  
SuperDave
Thats quite a good idea. Not suitable for me because I don't have treadmill access, but quite an interesting idea and no doubt helpful for some people.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
After years of on/off injuries i'm pretty certain i'm going to arrange a Biomechanical Assessment ...