Bike Stands

1 watcher
Aug 2012
1:16am, 14 Aug 2012
625 posts
  •  
icklevee
Advice sought pretty please............

Have been looking at getting a road bike stand that works just as that but also for doing a bit of basic maintenance. However, seen so many on Wiggle, CRC, etc and so confused. The costs vary tremendously.

Can anyone advise what they use, what will do both tasks and something that is not extortianately priced. Many thanks
Aug 2012
7:01am, 14 Aug 2012
22,151 posts
  •  
Old Croc
do you have a turbo trainer? - they double up as good work stands for some jobs
Aug 2012
9:06pm, 14 Aug 2012
630 posts
  •  
icklevee
Ooo no was thinking about getting one of those for winter. Any particular ones recommended?
Aug 2012
9:14pm, 14 Aug 2012
13,629 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
I have this: edinburghbicycle.com

Its from EBC, but I think they just brand a generic one. I have seen ones exactly the same in a few places.

The advantage of a workstand over a turbo is that you dont have to crouch to do things, and obviously you cant spin the front wheel in a turbo. Depends how much work you want/need to do. They are never essential. Ones that are good for storage wont often double up for maintenance.
Aug 2012
8:06pm, 15 Aug 2012
632 posts
  •  
icklevee
Cheers Johnny. I have seen a few like that but didn't know how stable they were. Think maybe I need a turbo trainer and a stand type thing then. I'm still new to knowing how to maintain my bike, and did have a bit of trouble when I tried to take the derailleur off & buggered up my gears.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by icklevee
Advice sought pretty please............

Have been looking at getting a road bike stand that works...